Can't Sleep? ~ Natasha

Wanda's pov

"Good morning" I spoke to y/n as she dragged her feet across the kitchen floor. I took one look at her face and I could tell she will not be able to get through training today. Her limbs moved slowly as she reached for a coffee mug in the cabinet but before she could grab one I showed her away and told her to sit on the bar stool.

"Babe can you try and take a nap instead of turning to caffeine?"

"No. We have training in an hour." As she leaned against the island counter she had to physically hold her head up with her two hands.

"Eat this and then you're going to take a nap." She grabbed the banana and slowly peeled it as she nodded. I watched her movements carefully, she wasn't about to pass out and could probably function an entire day in her state, but she will not survive training.

I sipped on my cup of coffee as she ate and stood up to throw away the peel. "Should we get ready for training now?" she smiled innocently like I was going to forget about what I had said earlier. I simply gave her that look she knows all too well and she rolled her eyes before she walked over the couch.

"Y/n/n, you can nap in my room. It's closer to the training room." she just shook her head and collapsed on the couch. I sighed and grabbed the blanket that was draped over it earlier and covered her with it.

"I'll wake you up in a bit, okay?" she managed a small nod as she closed her eyes. I knew she probably wasn't going to get that much sleep but I hoped she would.

I went over to my room and changed my clothes before I went to y/n's and grabbed her clothes. As I left, Natasha came out of her room and asked what I was doing with y/n's clothes. "Just grabbing them for her, she a little busy right now."

"That's nice of you. Can you tell her, that next time I could grab her clothes for her? I mean since our rooms are across from each other, it would probably be easier that you having to walk all the way down the hall." I nodded and told her I would. Maybe it was a lie though.

This whole situation is just weird. I think Natasha feels bad— no. I know she feels bad. She was in love with y/n and only they know why they aren't together anymore. Natasha didn't tell the group and y/n barely even spoke about the fact that they broke up. She just shut everyone out. She didn't even tell me, her best friend. I had to find out from Steve.

When I told her I knew, she opened up to me about how she's been having a hard time sleeping.

I made it back to the living room just in time. I set y/n's clothes on an adjacent couch and moved to wake her up when she slowly sat up.

"Hey, did you get any sleep?" she nodded. "I think so."

"Good" I grabbed her clothes and handed them to her and she stood up and walked to the bathroom. When she came out I handed her a glass of water and a cup of coffee. "I thought you said no caffeine?" she teased as she grabbed the mug with non and started sipping on it.

"No, I said nap first, caffeine second." she basically ignored me as she stared mindlessly at the liquid in her cup before she practically inhaled it.

"You ready to go?" I nodded and my eyes stayed on her from when she washed the mug to when she was standing right beside me gesturing for us to get going.

To my surprise, she was doing pretty well at training. You almost couldn't tell that she was tired, almost. If I could tell the fatigue was starting to set in, then Steve and Natasha could most definitely tell. I mean she was literally trained in being able to read body language.

Right now y/n was sparring with Clint and they are pretty well matched. Usually, they both avoid taking hard blows from the other, but this time when I saw Clint's foot coming around to kick her in the face I could see she wasn't ready for it so I intervened hoping nobody else besides them two would notice.