Just Friends ~ Wanda

Wanda laughed beside me as she scrolled on her phone, most likely knees-deep in some social media app, as she always is. I looked toward her, ignoring my own device as I watched her. 

One of the first things I noticed about her when we first became friends was that she had an amazing laugh whether it be a small chuckle or the kind that left her out of breath. Either way, it was always genuine and warmed my heart each time I heard it. 

"Y/n, you have to watch this." she scooted closer to me on the bed, leaving only inches between us. Pointing her screen toward my face so I could watch a TikTok video that she had stumbled upon. Her close proximity allowed me to be engulfed in her sweet scent. She always smelled good. I selfishly inhaled as much of it as I could, barely paying attention to the video she was so eager to show me as I was distracted by her being. 

I tried to subtly turn my head so I could watch her rewatch the video, I didn't think she noticed. "You're not watching." I guess I was wrong. 

"Sorry, I zoned out for a second." I weakly attempted to brush it off as I readjusted my position to face her phone once again. Conveniently bringing me closer to her. Our bodies were now touching. Her right arm hovered above us and her left hand lay on her chest. 

I must've forgotten to pay attention to the video again because once again she had burst out laughing so I had to, unsure what I was laughing at but not wanting to disappoint her. "You were right, that was really funny." I continued to play a fool as I turned my body inward so I was fully facing her. Our eyes met and as she gazed at me, I swore I saw a playful glint in her eyes. 

"What's up?" she smiled through the question. I could feel myself smiling back, but I knew I couldn't help it if I wanted to. All I could think about was how close we were. Given our proximity, if I were to try, I could easily kiss her. 

But that's physically, mentally I could not. There were so many reasons why I could not kiss her, but every fiber of my being was telling me to do so. My head was trying to find the will to pull away, but my heart was begging me to give in, in the hopes that she may return the favor. 

"I'm bored." at my comment, she playfully rolled her eyes. "Well, what do you want to do instead?" I pretended to think about an answer before suggesting we watch a movie, to which she quickly agreed. I reluctantly got up and grabbed my laptop from my desk and settled back on my bed, trying to get as close as I could to her before opening it up. 

She was surprised when I plopped the device onto her lap, silently hinting that I wanted her to look for the movie. "Why do I have to pick?" I moved to lay down and turned toward her so I could watch her search for a film. "I'm indecisive, you should know this by now." 

"I do, but it doesn't mean I agree with it. You need to make decisions sometimes." 

"Why do I need to when I have you to make them for me?" she side-eyed me as she started scrolling through movie options. She would make suggestions but I never fully responded. Eventually, she gave up on trying and picked a movie that she remembered we had previously talked about watching. 

Before she started the film, she gestured for me to get up and get under the covers. Without hesitation, I got cozy under the comforter and played the movie. To my surprise, when she got into the bed, she had chosen to lay right next to me. Her body leaned against mine, practically hovering over my right side. I assumed it was because the laptop was sitting on my lap, so she was just trying to get closer, but then I felt her right hand rest slightly on my stomach. She held up her head with her left hand as she lay on her side. And I was engulfed in her scent once again. 

We got halfway through the movie when I felt her looking at me. "What?" I whispered due to the dryness in my throat. She said nothing. Which cannot be good. As I studied her eyes for an answer, I didn't notice how she was slowly leaning closer until her body was flush against my side and her right arm was fully wrapped around my waist, her hand lightly squeezing my side. 

"Wanda?" I tried to swallow my nerves but then came back up with a single shaky breath as I watched her lips move. "Kiss me." she whispered into the air between us. 

"What?" 

"I know you want to." she simply replied. I instinctively licked my lips at the thought of her kissing me and I watched as her gaze dropped to watch the movement. the way she studied me, made me very aware of my every move. 

Her eyes locked with mine once again and I got sucked in. Almost not noticing how her hand traveled up my side until her thumb caressed my cheek. "Indecisive again?" she teased. I only nodded. 

She took the hint and sat up a bit so she could lean over me. Her lips grazed mine as if she was teasing me or waiting for me to close the gap. Whichever it was didn't matter because everything she was doing, helped me build enough courage to connect our lips. 

I closed my eyes and it only enhanced the feeling of her soft lips on mine and the chills her fingers on my neck sent through my body. Sooner than I wished, she pulled away. I kept my eyes closed, afraid of the reaction I would get from her. I could hear a soft, airy chuckle leave her soft lips which encouraged me to finally open my eyes. 

When I did, all I could see was lust in hers. 

I quickly closed my laptop and she pushed it off my lap so she could hover over me. Her leg found its way in between the two of mine and her lips found mine once again. I allowed myself to be engulfed by her fully, not a single thought in my mind except her, right now. 

When she pulled away again, I found myself slightly chasing after her. An action which she smiled at. "So what does this make us now?" she asked teasingly and I rested my hands around her neck, pulling her close to me so I could feel her lips graze mine once more, "friends?" I teased back and she laughed before I pulled her in for another kiss.