Anniversary ~ Natasha

You woke up early knowing exactly what day it was because you had been thinking about it for almost a month. You stressed yourself out the day before about if the gift you got your girlfriend was perfect.

Last night she noticed how tense you were and with her assistance you were able to relax. Natasha gave the best massages in your opinion.

For the special occasion, you had the most amazing day planned out. First, you'd make Natasha breakfast in bed which is what you currently were up to.

You tiptoed through the hallways of your shared apartment. The two of you had just recently moved out of the compound to get some privacy but it was still relatively close so she could easily commute every day for work.

You assumed Natasha would take the off day from work seeing as though it's your 3 year anniversary but she did no such thing.

As you were making breakfast she casually strolled into the kitchen in her uniform ready to kick some ass.

You kept your eyes on the bowl in front of you as you stirred the ingredients but you could still see the way she slowly walked around the island until she disappeared behind you. Sucks to not have eyes in the back of your head. Her arms wrapped around your waist to hug you from behind and she kissed your cheek.

"Tasha, what are you doing up? And why are you dressed for work?"

"Happy anniversary, my love" she whispered into your ear sending a shiver down your spine.

"Happy anniversary " you turned your head to meet her lips with yours and you smiled into the kiss. You are truly at your happiest when you're with this woman.

When you pulled away she stared into your eyes for a minute before she let go of you and walked back around the kitchen island and you watched her leave the room. You were about to go back to making breakfast when you heard her keys jangle signaling that she grabbed it off the hook.

"Wait, where are you going?" You completely stopped cooking and walked out of the kitchen to the front door. "Got called in for a mission." She said plainly as if it were any other day.

"Can't someone else go?" You almost whined but you tried to keep your composure.

"No, I'm sorry but they need me." She assured you she'd be back before you fell asleep. How does she know that? What if you go to bed early tonight? You wanted to wrap your arms around her and force her to stay but you knew there was no way she would. Work comes first.

She could see the sadness in your body language and almost felt a twinge of guilt about leaving. Her left hand moved to under your chin and she gently lifted your head to meet her gaze.

"I love you" she placed a light kiss on your nose and on reflex your lips curved into a small smile.

"There she is." Natasha praised.

"I'll be back before you know it baby" she kissed you one last time before she left the house closing the door behind her.

For the next few minutes, you just stood in place staring at the door hoping she would change her mind and come walking back in. When she didn't you turned around and dragged your feet as you walked to the living room completely disregarding the unmade breakfast ingredients left in the kitchen.

Your body ached with each step you took as your mind began to process what just happened. The ache met its relief when your body sank deep into the couch cushions. Minutes passed as you laid limp.

Soon the silence betrayed you and your endless thoughts began to spin in a downward spiral. The only thing you could think to do was turn on the tv and distracted yourself with whatever was playing. Eventually, you got hungry so you looked to the freezer for the ice cream and pretty much yelled at Alexa to play your favorite playlist.