─10.

-

"I-I'm gonna get my notebook from downstairs. Stay here." He smiled as Hyunjin nodded.

After a minute, Seungmin didn't seem to return. Hyunjin got impatient and bored.

Hyunjin looked around as he got up from the bed, an open drawer catching his eyes. He slowly opened it and looked inside. He didn't want to be peeking through personal stuff, but it didn't look THAT personal as it was written 'ART BOOK' in the front cover.

He slowly opened it. What could be so bad in an art book?

Nothing was bad. Not even close. His eyes sparkled with excitement when he looked at the drawings. Everything was beautifully drawn, masterpiece of an art book formed with a mixture of paintings, sketches, drawings etc some with deep meanings and each of them were exquisite.

How come he never talks about it?

Most people at school knew Kim Seungmin was the best at photography, his unique skills in that subject made him the first student there.

And art? He didn't even study art. Seungmin has dropped art since 1st year.

His jaw dropped, it might not be Seungmin's but his parents totally didn't look like the ones who did it, besides Seungmin's name was written there.

He didn't notice the younger entering the room, who gasped seeing his notebook on Hyunjin's hands.

Hyunjin dropped the book he was holding on the nearby table, his eyes widening. "I-I'm sorry I just- I- I didn't mean to I promise—"

Seungmin stared at Hyunjin panicking and softly grabbed his shoulders, "hey chill, it's okay, calm down"

"Wait f-for real? I uh..." Hyunjin looked down and Seungmin also turned around, staring at his table.

"O-oh well..." Hyunjin looked at the book as Seungmin came forward. He opened the drawer which Hyunjin got the book from. He pulled out even more books, all of them full of art.

"How come you never applied for art? I mean, you're so good at it..."

Seungmin looked away, caressing a piece of art he made. "I'm not... Really good at it..."

"What do you mean not good at it?!" Hyunjin snapped. "If that's not good then what-"

"There's always better, Hyunjin." Seungmin cut him off and he stayed silent. "Mine is just average. It's not good enough."

Hyunjin looked at him sadly while Seungmin took a few steps forward and sighed.

"Photography isn't my favorite subject... It's art. I wasn't really good at it back then. But I gave up on art a long time ago. Everyone... Made fun of me... My friends told me to just focus on things I'm good at... But I still applied to two schools for art. But I never got accepted so I gave up and came here." He admitted as Hyunjin quitely listened.

"It wasn't good enough... People made fun of me and... I just thought maybe I should focus on things I'm good at..."

He continued, "I might be good at photography, but I never truly enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed drawing... I still drew after that but didn't tell anyone cause no one would appreciate that anyways-"

"Seungmin..." He softly cut the boy off and looked at him with a face full of sadness.

"I-I'm really sorry- I didn't mean to spill my whole life story to you and rant-"

"Just because there's better doesn't mean you have to give up, Seungmin."

Seungmin became silent, looking at the floor and avoiding eye contact with the black haired boy.