─19.

"Ow!" The little year old boy winced as he accidentally pricked his index finger with the needle

"Ow!" The little year old boy winced as he accidentally pricked his index finger with the needle. A drop of blood fell on the almost completed handkerchief he was holding. He caressed his bleeding finger softly, but soon went back to sewing the little thing.

It's been a few weeks, mom hasn't returned. Everytime he asked his father about her he would say she'll be home soon, from work. What type of work was it, that after she went there his father always looked so drained and unhappy?

For such a young kid, he was pretty talented to make something like this on his own, most likely a talent he picked up from his mother and learned it watching her do it. He smiled, putting it on a small box before he tenderly wrapped it with a pink ribbon, and headed for his father's office.

"Dad!" He excitedly entered, seeing his father almost asleep on his chair, his computer in front of him. He didn't even know from when he started calling him dad instead of daddy. The obvious disconnection between them after his mother passed away made everything different.

"Hyunjin. Why are you here?" The young boy fiddled with his fingers at his father's response after seeing him. "Well... It's Father's day... So I got y-you a gift.." He held the box in front of him. His father recently started spending lesser time with him, so what could be better than a father's day gift to fix their relationship?

"A gift." It almost sounded like a question. "You should be studying. Why are you wasting your time?" Hyunjin would lie if he said it didn't hurt him. He had taken his time to make something with his own hands for him on father's day. But what did he except? His father lost every cell of gratitude in his body after he lost his wife.

"Please... I-" made it, just for you. He didn't complete. He couldn't. He knew it was of no use. At the time instead of fixing their relationship, he felt like he was losing his father even more. "Go to your room, study for your exams. Don't waste your time. You get it?"

He didn't answer. He dropped the box in front of him, tears almost threatening to fall from his eyes, as he looked down. "C-could you at least tell me when mom is coming back...?" He didn't notice the sudden fear that crept up the older man's face. "I-I don't know." Hyunjin was almost caught off guard by the stuttering, before having the door shut on his face.

The young boy stood in front of the door for minutes, maybe hours as he lost track of time, sobbing silently.

On his way back to the desk after shutting the door, his father saw the small box lying on the floor, half open. He picked it up, putting it on his desk and slowly unwrapping the messy ribbon. There was a small handkerchief sewn with white and red strings, it was small yet adorable, with the words "Hapy fathers' day. I love you" on it. He had almost let out a chuckle at how the boy spelled happy wrong. There was a small note with it.