─12.

-

Warning; this chapter contains suicidal attempts, accidents, blood and death.

-

The sound of the rain water splashing by the collision of his sneakers with the hard ground was only audible to him.He was alone on the deserted road, following his two eyes wherever they led him. No one would be so foolish as to run out in the rain like this, but he was.

He himself admitted he was stupid. So damn stupid. He shouldn't have mentioned his mom like that in front of the man she loved. And he was right too, she'd be disappointed in him.

He wonders if things would've been different if she was still here. Would he still be a disappointment? Would his father be more loving?

Right, he wasn't even his father anymore. Mr. Hwang, he meant.

It hurt him that he didn't remember the promise he made. Years ago. He was 6 back then, but he still remembers.

Everything was broken.

Trust.

A promise.

A heart.

Himself.

His bruised cheek or his bleeding head did not hurt as much as his chest did. Trust me, It did hurt a lot, and the pain increased by the raindrops falling through the bruises.

But his heart, it didn't need any raindrops to increase the pain. Everytime he remembered the disappointed looks he gave him, it automatically increased.

He clutched his stomach and taking support from nearby walls, he reached an alley. He remembers this place.

Mapo bridge, the bridge of death.

He remembers every single moment from that day. This place brought him nightmares but now, it brought some weird comfort to him, knowing that he'd finally just be able to leave.

5. 6. 14. 17.

He remembers these ages of his life.

He never forgets. It was like the 4 steps of his life to grow to the person he has become today. He wasn't who he was now from the beginning of his life.

-

He was 5 when it all started.

He lived a happy life, with his happily married parents. He believed he had the best parents ever, father might be always busy but he still loved him.

Hyunseok rotated his chair when he heard the door of his office open with a creak. He noticed a tiny figure enter, "daddy...?"

Hyunseok smiled seeing his little boy, "Jinnie? What are you doing here?"

"Can you take me to the new ice cream shop in the town?! All the kids are going there with their daddy!"

"Daddy is busy, Jinnie. I'll take you there some other day."

"Owwh daddy please please!" The little boy jumped up and down around his father's chair showing puppy eyes.

His dad sighed. "Look I'm sorry my little boy. I have to complete these works by tomorrow-" The father and son duo was interrupted by a female voice calling the little boy's name.