─11.

Warning: This chapter contains blood and violence.

-

It took over an hour to get there. They became stuck in traffic, which increased the amount of time it took.

After a quiet ride, it arrived at its destination, and Hyunjin quietly entered the house, where he found his father waiting in front of the dining table.

With his head bowed, he gulped. Why does he have to be home when I don't want him to be home, but never when I need him to be?

His father remained silent, but he was well aware of the regulations. Sit down, listen to the lesson, and then flee to your room. He had become used to it, it was like a routine.

He didn't speak.

1 minute.

2 minutes.

3 minutes.

The more minutes went by, his nervousness increased. Please just fucking say something. Anything. He could feel the anxiety building up in his chest.

4 minutes.

"Father I-"

"I've got questions, Hyunjin."

Then you could've just asked them without wasting 4 minutes.

"What did you get in your test today, Hyunjin?" Of course that's the first fucking thing you ask.

"No one gets their test result the exact day they take it." Hyunjin rolled his eyes. He knew he shouldn't have let his sassiness out especially on his father but that much of a stupid question just brought it out.

"Do NOT talk to me like that. Now tell me the truth."

"I already said. I didn't get it yet."

"I know."

Are you fucking serious.

"Then why are you asking." He said, which didn't sound like a question as he held his anger back.

"I told your dear teacher to give me the papers before he tells you your score."

Hyunjin froze, fucking shit.

"So you haven't got to know your score yet. Would you like to see it?" Hyunjin could guess that he didn't do well by the look on his father's face who grabbed some papers from the desk nearby.

His father looked him in the eye with his own narrow ones before holding the papers in front of him. Hyunjin stared at him for a moment and gulped before softly taking them with his shaky hands.

He closed his eyes and held the front page in front of his face. He didn't dare to open his eyes. He didn't want to. Though he couldn't see his dad now, knowing that he was present here was enough to scare him to death.

He only partly opened his eyes and felt his heart sink. His breath hitched after he gasped seeing the numbers written in bold letters.

49.

It was worse than before. He knew it would be. It didn't reach his father's expectation- reaching his father expectation was far away, it wasn't even a passing mark.

"You know what this means right?"

A million things.

Being kicked out?

Being grounded?

Being homeschooled?

Being disowned?