─18.

Seungmin wasn't going to collect some stupid papers.

Some kind of dumb excuse to not let Hyunjin get suspicious of whatever the hell of a foolish thing he was about to do, and he didn't know how Hyunjin had believed it.

Maybe he still wasn't in the right mind. Hyunjin only was normal because the person he's staying with is Seungmin. Otherwise, he might still not even be okay.

The sky was still pretty cloudy. The weather wasn't a matter. All he wanted to see a smile on Hyunjin's face. The moment his smile faded, Seungmin felt like some kind of knife stabbed into his heart. He wanted to bring it back.

Hyunjin was the one who brought his smile back after... Heartbreaks. Maybe it was his time to return the favor.

It wasn't the way he wanted to do it, but it is the only way.

-

Staring at the framed photo of his wife on the wall, his mind was too occupied to think about anything else. The obvious and loud doorbell didn't get to him until the 3rd time done so. A person would've assumed no one is home if the door isn't answered after 2 times. Whoever it was.... Sure had some guts.

Opening the door stood a teenage boy way shorter than he was, looking up to him. He raised an eyebrow acknowledging the boy's bravery. By his clothing he surely didn't look like a wealthy citizen, it was decent. "Who are you, and who let you in." His voice was low, and it didn't sound like a question.

"I wan- I need to talk to you." The boy changed his sentence midway. "I don't even know you." His face darken from impatience.

"Kim Seungmin, now you know." Without a warning, he smiled and sneaked past through the man, entering the house. The man slightly panicked, still raging from anger.

"What you're doing is wrong- do you want me to call the police? And kick you out? Or even get you arrested?-"

"Had your son done anything wrong? Why would you kick him out? Leave him homeless?"

He could see the man visibly freeze for 5 seconds. "W-who are you..."

"I'm Hyunjin's friend." He narrowed his eyes. "He doesn't have any friends except Minho."

"Well you think that cause you don't know shit about him! You don't bother to know a single shit about him! Ypu ignored him for ages, left him in the dark all alone after he lost his mother! She was just as important to him as she was to you and you were the only parent he had left can't you see?! and you did what? Instead of being there for him you made it worse!" He yelled.

"And that day? You fucking disowned him. When what you were supposed to do was be a father to him after he lost his mom. You're a fucking asshole, you know that?!"

"Do you know who you're cursing at?"

"Oh yes I fucking do. Owner of Hwang corporations Hwang Hyunseok. Why? I'm telling you about what you have done to your son and you care more about a young boy cursing at you? Your pride? The truth is that you're a fucking selfish being who cares about nothing but himself and wouldn't bother to give a single shit about anyone else talk about your own son."

The man turned around, not facing Seungmin anymore. "I wasn't serious when I said he's not my son anymore. If he's so sensitive about this simple thing, how's he gonna be a man? It's not like it'll have a big effect on him anyways. He'll automatically come back after a few days."

"Sensitive..." Seungmin gritted his teeth. "He tried to jump off mapo bridge..."

Hyunseok stopped dead, completely freezing. It took him a whole minute before speaking. "W....what..."

A single sarcastic chuckle came from the boy. "Now you're concerned. You didn't think of it before huh?"

He still didn't speak.

"He's oka- alive. He's staying at mine." A long sigh of relief came from hyunseok.

"You're saying he's sensitive for this? You made him believe that it's his fault his mother isn't here anymore when she was clearly important to him."

"....I wouldn't even come here. I would rather never let him face you again and protect his precious being by myself forever. But you know why? Because he's the one who still loves you as a father. You don't deserve it. You don't deserve him one bit. But you're the only parent to him. He doesn't want to loose you too. That's why I'm here."

"You're a shit father, you know?" Hyunseok looked away out of shame.

"It's not too late... He still loves you. You have two choices... Make it up to him. Or live with the guilt that you're the reason your son will never smile again, forever."