─22.

────────

Hyunjin sat with his chin resting on his palm which was placed on the car window, he stared blankly outside. It took him a few before noticing his father who was driving, staring at him through the mirror. He stared back with angry eyes until it was getting annoying.

"You trying to pick a fight with me or what?" He bitterly spat.

"I just realized that you've grown so much."

"Shut up. That's exactly what someone who hasn't spared their son a single glance in the past decade would say."

The man didn't protest, instead sighed. Their car rides would be quiet, if he wasn't scolding his son. But Hyunjae never in his life expected it would one day be the other way around. Another 5 minutes of silence went by.

"Would you hurry up? I'm starving."

"When was the last time you ate?"

"Since the business retest. I didn't have time to eat cause I was studying. And at Seungmin's house I barely ate."

"You worked hard on the test..."

"And look what that got me." A chuckle bubbled up Hyunjin's chest and passed past his lips as he caressed the bandage on his cheek. It still stung, this shit sure takes a long time to heal.

"Did that slap hurt?"

"No, of course not. Your ring sliced through my cheek and I hit my head on the wall. Of course it didn't hurt."

His father sighed, annoyed, yet relieved that the sarcastic self was still there in his son.

Hyunjin echoed his sigh. Maybe I've finally gone mad, he thought. Why did he decide to do this? Was he that desperate to just have a parent? Desperate for the fatherly love he never knew?

"If it was someone else, they wouldn't forgive you. It's just cause I don't wanna lose another parent. I haven't forgiven you, though."

"Yeah. I know..." He sadly smiled, and continued. "I got my pay today. 35 million won. I'll take you wherever you want, let's see how much you can spend."

"Are you crazy? You want me to buy a fucking city or?"

"Watch your language."

Damn, he just felt bitter for some strange reason. He always had a lot of money but never his father's time. Hyunjin didn't know what to feel. He always had a feeling his father cared but other times that he doesn't. He had quite the dilemma in his own mind.

He really did lose himself in a hopeless promise.

-

"Why did you bring me to mom's grave..."

He looked away in sadness. It didn't sound like a question which needed to be answered or one he expected an answer for. He watched his dad mourn silently.

He looked away, and the next time he looked, tears were streaming down his father's eyes. He felt bad. He always thought his father did not understand that she was important to Hyunjin as much as she was to him, but he realized he didn't understand either.

When they were out of the graveyard, he hugged his father. He didn't know why he did, but his heart told him to do so. The other man just simply hugged him back. Hyunjin tried to build up a conversation once they were inside the car.