PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 74 - The Witch who wields Swords

21 February 2024

Katalysis, 43rd Floor

The record crystal that stored the picture that I had taken last night landed softly onto the palm of my left hand, which shot it upwards again, as the thing spun in whatever way it desired while airborne.

It had recently became one of the few objects that I would treasure closely in my inventory.

This might solely be from my own perspective, but that picture, with Rakuno in it, gave me a feeling that what I was standing in front of on that night, accompanied by the blowing winds, was art.

That was why I had simply preserved that moment without so much of a fathomable reason whatsoever.

If anyone else had seen this picture, they might think that I would have feelings for Rakuno. Maybe so, I did think that she possessed a certain charm and beauty. On the outside, at least.

Even Rakuno herself wasn't that bothered by it, as she simply marvelled at her figure. What she was more interested about though, was the backdrop, which featured the view of the city behind her.

Well, if she wouldn't mind me keeping a picture of her, them I guess there wouldn't be any issue at all. Not that I had intended to do anything else with it anyway.

On my right hand sat another record crystal, one which stored a different picture. I touched its tip with my right thumb, in which it started to float, lighting up at its edges.

From its top, light was projected, forming into a little hologram screen. The picture that it stored became clear: the entire view of the city of Katalysis at night.

It was an opportunistic idea, especially when I had taken Rakuno's picture. Right now, the system map was a complete blank in where we currently were, since Katalysis was never a place which was designated by the system in the first place.

In fact, you could say that it was a place that was artificially built by players, and not naturally created by the system.

So wouldn't simply taking a picture of the city from the top give one a roughly detailed map in which to be used for navigation in the city?

It was better than having no map and getting lost in the city all the time.

Damn, record crystals sure are pretty versatile tools.

Apart from recording pictures, it could also record and store videos. I heard that it could even store voice recordings, not that I would use record crystals for such a purpose.

Because, they could only be used once. That is, each record crystal could only store one unit of media, whether it might be a picture, video or voice recording. I couldn't imagine anyone else using these crystals to record their voices, though.

In any case, the usage of record crystals has proven to me to be valuable.

Speaking of Kira of the Council, getting her to meet up on a Roofpost again might prove to be difficult, let alone trying to predict the next time she would be available.

It seemed that she intends to stay in the Council for obvious reasons. Like, it definitely wasn't the right time for her to outright betray them.....yet.

I'd imagine that she would do that around the time the invasion will occur. After all, her betrayal needed solid support from powerful guilds in order for it to succeed. Taking on the Council alone was unthinkable, not that my assistance on the matter would even turn the tables a tiny bit.

The invasion was, for her, an opportunistic event. Something that she should be preparing for. Especially when the fact that the most powerful guild, KoB leading the invasion heightened its possibility of success even greater.