PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 90 - Spear + Swords vs Claw + Scythe (First Half)

27 February 2024

Katalysis, 43rd Floor

It's a 2 versus 2 situation. Which meant a tag battle. Kind of.

Well, what a twist. I'm facing off against someone whom I had thought was a trusted informant.

Not trusted anymore, I guess.

From the looks of it, Puma was working for Tori all along. I could assume that much, and that was all I needed to know to face her as an enemy.

Maybe if Meghan had really come with me to rendezvous with Raku, we'd have a much easier time dealing with these two, like what she and Alexis did in the underground dungeons earlier.

I had to respect her sudden decision though, to prioritize stuff about the Reaper, whom she and Alexis were involved with. It looked like she had almost forgotten about that guy.

"We still have some business with Shi," Meghan briefly explained. "I did promise Alexis that we'd get it done, since it's especially crucial in the invasion. Just don't let me down on getting Raku back."

As if I wouldn't get her back, though I shuddered a little about what Meghan would do if I failed to do so.

Now that I had Raku back, all I had to do was to focus on the enemies before me.

My eyes swifted specifically to Puma. It was now obvious that she didn't reveal that she was a claw user all this time for a reason.

A reason which was really similar to mine.

".....I wish it didn't have to be like this," I broke the silence first, seeing that we weren't going anywhere with this tense situation.

"Same here, lad," Puma sighed. "If only you weren't friends with the Witch."

"Do you hate her that much?" I asked in a genuine tone, being pretty much genuine with my question.

"Tori fears her," Puma simply answered. "And honestly, lad, I do too."

I took a good look at Raku, who was now looking like she was glitches out or something. I had taken a glimpse of her in that state before, when those meteorites fell into the city, but now that I had a better look, all I could say that she looked.....more powerful.

Especially when she was holding both her katana and her sword at the same time. Wasn't that basically dual wielding?

And, damn, her eyes. I was pretty sure they weren't coloured green before. Maybe it's just a thing that happens whenever she enters that state.

I turned back at Puma with an indifferent stare. "Well honestly, I'm not interested in any of this Witch-fearing stuff. And I'm also not interested in fighting you guys either."

The claw user gave me a chuckle, as she held her claw higher.

"Lad, you're making me more interested in fighting YOU as well."

I returned a smile, raising my spear a little to form a defensive stance.

"Well that's a problem."

It really was a problem. This wasn't a duel, and without Meghan or Alexis to take care of the hard stuff, I might just be in danger here.

Or, I might just be kidding about it. Who knows. All I knew was that my new spear needed some getting used to, and this situation was perfect for it.

"So what's the plan?"

Raku turned to me, her strange, green eyes staring at mine. It almost seemed like she became a whole different person with that glow-up.

"Show me that you live up to your name as the Katana Witch," I pulled back my spear for a frontal charge. "That's the plan."