PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 84 - Fragmented

25 February 2024

Katalysis, 43rd Floor

I'd never felt more tense than watching the HP gauge of my fellow party member being drained to the red zone.

In fact, my eyes froze up just by noticing the green bar that started to recede towards the left at first. Tekion noticed the change just as it was turning yellow, and stopped working, his face turning serious.

The message we got from that was instantly obvious: She had gotten herself into some deep, deep shit.

We heard rapid knocking on the inn door, and I instantly went to get it. Alexis faced me with a similar serious look.

"You saw that, didn't you?" Her voice was urgent.

"No shit," I said. "Where's Meghan?"

"Already on the case," She looked across to the staircase leading below. "We've already tracked her location."

"Got it. I'll catch up." I nodded.

"Then I'll make a move first," Alexis offered. "We can still save her if we act fast."

As soon as she said that, she took off, her hasty footsteps echoing off the wooden flooring.

"Wait," Tekion called out. "It's done."

The blacksmith stood up, his hand touching the weapon that he was working on, as it gradually stopped glowing from the tinkering.

What emerged from the glowing shell of light was a double-bladed spear, its design looking way different than my previous one.

From just looking at it, the blades of the spear were differently coloured; a red one and a blue one, both closely resembling the top part of a sword, especially at the pointed edges.

Tekion picked the spear up with both hands. I went over to receive it, letting him rest its weight onto my hands for the first time. It felt pretty light, which was a good sign for wielding a weapon with ease.

Its pole body was the only peculiarity for a spear. Instead of a cylindrical shape that I had grown used to in the past, its shape was as if the cylinder was being half-flattened, such that its cross section would be the shape of an oval.

While the background colour of the pole body was silver, streaks of purple were randomly scattered all over.

Truth be told, I had never seen a spear take on this design before. While the blades were obviously made of the metals from those meteorites, the feel of holding the spear itself was unique to me. It's the kind of pole grip which, considering my experience with only holding spears with cylindrical pole bodies, could probably struggle to get accustomed to.

"What's this?" I turned the spear's pole body with my thumbs.

"It's an.....experiment," Tekion answered with a slight lack of confidence. "Well first off, it's custom-made. It's not your average spear out there, and as far as I know it's the only spear of its kind."

"Hmm....." I tried to spin the spear in a windmill. "Feels weird, but it's still wieldable, to say the least."

Tekion heaved a little sigh of relief. "Glad to hear that."

I made the spear stand on the ground on its red blade, and tapped onto it. The system description window popped out, listing the details of the weapon.

"Its name.....What the hell is this?" I touched the weapon's name printed on the system window.

"The system's always the one to generate names for crafted weapons, so I'm just as clueless." Tekion shrugged.

I quickly sheathed the spear behind my back. "We'll worry about that later."