PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 97 - Invasion Epilogue

29 February 2024

Horizon's Edge guild base, 30th Floor

"......So basically, you want to know what Krieg is trying to do?"

"I want to have your opinion on this. Since you talked to him about whatever he's trying to do right now."

"Well, I'll just give you the disclaimer that I can't read his fucking mind."

"Whatever he's trying to do right now, he's doing it because he talked to you."

"Is that my fucking fault?"

"Depends on what you talked to him about. I'm the one who wants to read his fucking mind, not you."

"You could always ask him."

"I already did."

"And I'm assuming that it didn't work out."

"To be fair, anyone wouldn't want to be probed for their motives for doing unreasonable things."

"Well, then surely you'd understand that everyone has secrets that they don't want the whole world to know?"

".....What's in it for you to conceal Krieg's secret then?"

BLEEP.

I tapped the floating record crystal in front of Rakuno and the leaders of Horizon's Edge. It went silent, and plopped on the table.

"You paused at the cliffhanger!" complained Narnia, the vice guild leader.

"We're tight on time," I picked the diamond-shaped object up and placed it back into my system storage. "But basically, after I had asked that question, Tori went silent for like a minute or so. She refused to answer."

Right across the table seated right at the center in front of me, Misuko stood up.

"Which means, she must have made a deal with Krieg on something."

"That was exactly my conclusion at the time," I nodded. "Was pretty obvious that she wanted to dodge the topic on Krieg."

"Anything else of note?" Misuko asked.

"Nothing much that needs your urgent attention, which is why I'll continue this on another day." I got up from the table.

"Right," She clapped her hands in announcement. "Off to the KoB headquarters we go."

She didn't sound cheerful in mentioning the place that the trial was to take place in.

The other leaders of Horizon's Edge--or rather, what was left of this already small roster since Krieg went 'missing'--got up and started to head for the door.

Misuko left the room first, followed by Narnia. The leader of Sea Company, Nicholas, did the same without a word.

Sky Company didn't currently have a leader. Krieg left it pretty divided and messy, due to his sheer negligence of its state of affairs. Narnia had offered to be acting leader for now, but the chances of anyone in Sky Company being the next leader at all was pretty slim.

And then there's me as leader of Land Company. I wondered if my management of Land Company was as horrendous as Krieg did with Sky Company. Honestly, Krieg definitely did worse, not that I felt that I did any better.

Raku got up as well. My concern for her going to watch Tori's trial was immensely high. I've been with her long enough to know that whatever happens in that trial won't be pretty for her, or for anyone for that matter.