PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 56 - The Vice Commander's Time Off

14 February 2024

Teleport Gate Plaza, Algade, 50th Floor

Asuna strolled towards the group of players waving at her. She turned behind her for a while to notice the leader of KoB giving her a smile that she had grown tired of seeing.

She could very well justify her decision to shirk from her duties for a while, especially when she had a reason conveniently appearing within her sight. If Heathcliff had stopped her from going to meet them, she would have personally made sure that he understood the pressure of managing the duties that he was supposed to uphold in the first place.

To her, Heathcliff was technically just the Commander of KoB in name, even though he was the one who founded the guild. Unless he was willing to take those leadership duties back from her instead of disappearing often between Floor boss raids, Asuna wasn't really going to see him eye-to-eye.

Of course, his leadership in the Floor boss raids--no matter how effective it was--didn't count. All Asuna had respect for him was only for the fact that he had founded the most powerful guild in Aincrad.

She waved at the players, being glad to see them. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that Asuna was considerably familiar with each of them, as they waved back in response.

"Hey guys!" She simply called out, turning to a blonde-haired player standing right in front of the group. "Mitch!"

Mitch smiled, being grateful to see his cousin in this moment.

"Asuna!!" He called out happily and ran to hug her. "I missed you."

He looked into her sweet chestnut eyes, feeling delighted to see her. Jacqueline, Meghan, Isabella and the rest of his family were amongst the group.

"Let me guess, he's running you through the mud and the muck, isn't he?" Mitch asked with a disdainful snarl regarding her 'Commander', shooting him a similar glare as if to tell him to pick up his slack like a protective cousin. Well, more like a sibling from the bond the Takada trio held towards her.

"Don't remind me about that," Asuna made a waving gesture with her hand, as if to chase off something. "Anyway, how're you guys doing? Missed me much, didn't you?"

"You know damn well I did." Mitch once again smiled, hugging her close since they really didn't have much time together. "Well... I've been doing the best I can in this world, and I guess you could say I'm off the market." He chuckled sheepishly.

"The three of us are." A brown-haired player, Mike chimed in and joined the hug since he cherished his cousin like Mitch did. "Plus, Callie's joining us soon enough."

"Did I hear my name?" Callie chimed jokingly, having just walked out of the Teleport Gate. "Yeah, I did miss you, Asuna. Mom and Dad are back with the group, and I believe we all should grab a bite to catch up." She wore a short kimono which never covered her knees, her sheathed katana at the right side of her waist easily estimated to be a little more than half of her height. Another blade, a wakizashi, was worn alongside it in a Daisho styling, blade facing up which was the proper way to wear them.

Upon noticing Callie joining the group, Asuna waved at her, before turning back to the whole group. "Alright then. Have you ever been to the restaurants in Algade before?"

Although the Takadas were from the guild Swords of Harmony (SoH), they knew Asuna well, and especially so due to each of them being related to her in some way. Even when she had chosen to join the KoB, and eventually was at the top of it, they didn't mind much, and always saw her as family instead of the Vice Commander of KoB.

"I do believe we have, once or twice anyway." Mitch said, motioning three other players to the proximity with Asuna. "Pick the place, my treat." He smiled as he knew when to make an offer that was too good to refuse, but also wanting to be generous to his family.