Clashing Guilds Arc: Chapter 43 - Shattering News

25 October 2023

Horizon's Edge guild base, 30th Floor

There was one obvious thing I instantly noticed about the group of players when they entered the front yard.

They seemed to favour action more than words in expressing themselves.

As the members of Horizon's Edge flowed out of the front doors, Misuko, being the player who has control over the guild base, opened the front gates using her menu. Ever reluctant as she was, she couldn't ignore the players' aggressive appearances and fronts.

She didn't want to find out how sturdy those gates would be before they fell under the strength of those guys either, assuming that would ever happen.

The gang of players at the gate entered the front yard, their walking styles were likened to how gangsters would move when they see an enemy gang eye-to-eye. The armour that they wore varied, but they had something in common: they all had a curved fang or two hung around their bodies, as if they were from a cult or something. Their weapons were brandished out without a care in the world, with some of them even holding theirs in a way that would activate their weapon skills if they wanted to.

Irokei appeared beside me, just taking in the sight of the intruders in the front yard. As silent as she was, I could still sense her curiosity in the commotion. Her hands were slightly trembling, probably because of the atmosphere of intimidation that the intruders have around them.

The leader of the gang was obviously the player at the front, with a look that meant serious business. His clothes stand out among those who were following behind him, sporting more curved fangs stuck around his body, and shoulder pads which resembled bigger curved fangs, both of which were white and polished. His hands were unusually gloved with curved fangs as well, clearly showing the theme in his get up.

His face openly expressed his anger; sharp eyes and a mouth which was curved like a smile, but with teeth showing on one side. No matter how I saw him, he was definitely the most aggressive out of the group.

Misuko stepped forward in front of her guild, her face showing no expression against the aggressor. It was then that I noticed the weapon strapped behind her back, which was an axe. An axe, in which its blade shared the colour of her hair, ready to be used in any situation that might escalate from now on.

It wasn't just Misuko who had realized the possibility of having to fight the intruders, either.

My guild members were also reaching for their weapons, although they didn't show it. It was hard to realize that meeting such a vulgar bunch of players would result in a peaceful exchange.

".......What do you want?" Misuko's voice rang loud and clear as she addressed the intruders.

She sounded like she knew them, with her tone having a tinge of annoyance as she spoke. I had a good idea of who they were as well, but it should already be common knowledge for everyone else to instantly recognize them based on their appearances.

"Is that......?" Irokei asked in a soft tone. Her right hand trembled towards her dagger sheathe.

"The orange guild, Lycan Mark...."

Narnia's whisper came from behind us, as the vice commander quietly made her way in front of us, all while watching Misuko dealing with the group.

"Thought so." I whispered back in certainty. "No one else would wear those fangs."

The Lycan Mark. An orange guild known for conducting their less-than-good activities under the 35th Floor. Although, unlike other orange guilds, they were particularly ruthless (and specialized) in ambushing unsuspecting parties, making them one of the few orange guilds to actually look out for and stay away from.