---EIGHT---

The phone on the bedside table vibrated multiple times. Brice looked over at it with foggy eyes. He grabbed it and read the contact.

Seto.

He smiled at the name and the person associated wtih this name.

God, that kid was so adorable.

The blonde answered the phone with a hello.

"It's Seto."

"Well duh," Brice said, chuckling. "Anyway, how was your sleep?"

"I didn't have a dream about the kingdom life. You should know that," said Seto on the other end.

He had forgotten about his dream, Brice remembered. That hadn't happened before. "You're right."

The blonde knitted his eyebrows in a thoughtful manner, getting out of his bed with a grunt. This was odd. "We did die," Brice said, thinking aloud.

Seto made a noise that suggested he agree. "Maybe because we died, we won't have the dreams anymore. There isn't anything else to see."

"That's true," Brice said in awe. It was going to be like losing part of himself to not dream these days. He had dreamt about those days every night. At times he didn't even know which was reality.

"I dreamt about a couple things," Seto said. "First I was in Spawn City and we met up. Then we were in a feild with a lot of flowers."

Seto paused for a second and Brice stayed silent, listening to the brunette.

"Then I was in my gown that I wore when I was at my castle. I ran into you as I roamed the castle." He drew in a sharp breathe, making it clear to Brice he was about to cry. "You said it was real."

Brice was shocked.

He had never truly believed they were real, but the knew for sure now.

These dreams were definitely real.

"So. It's all over," was all the blonde could say.

"I-I guess so," Seto stuttered out.

The blonde ran a hand through his hair and sat back down on his bed. This was a big thing. They had died, for real this time.

"Why are we here?"

"I'm not sure," Seto answered. "Nobody has said anything about people coming back to life."

Brice thought. "Well, why don't we cal it respawning or something." He paused. "You know, sense so many people call birth spawning."

Seto chuckled. "Yeah I get it. And that's a good idea."

The blonde smiled at the compliment. It was nice to have the brunette compliment him.

They stayed silent for a few minutes. Then Seto spoke.

"So, there is no reason to talk anymore."

Brice's heart stopped. "What?"

"Well, we were only talking to figure out the dream stuff." Seto trailed off.

Had he forgotten about the kiss yesterday? Brice asked himself. "N-no." The artist stuttered out. He had to come up with a reason that they could keep meeting.

"Don't you want to figure out why we came back?"

Seto was silent.

"You don't want to?" Brice's heart sank.

"It's the past. We should leave it in the past." It almost sounded like Seto was being forced to say these things.

Though Brice didn't pick that up as he tried to hold back tears.

"If that is what you wish," Brice said, trying to keep his voice wavering.

"It is," Seto said with a weak voice.

"Well, this is goodbye then."

"It is."

"Goodbye, Seto."

~~~

"Goodbye, Brice," Seto said, hanging up.

As soon as he did, he collapsed and fell to the ground. He grabbed at his throat.

He hadn't said those last few words.

What was that?

A shadow figure lurked over Seto, eyes shining in the morning light that was flooding through the window.

"You did the right thing, young one," the figure said with a wide smile.

Seto reached out to them. His eye lids got heavy as he reached towards them, wanting to strike them. "You.. Bastard."

The brunette hit the carpeted floor lightly, losing consciousness.

---

Shit is going down, son.