21. The Master

~Omg I'm sorry but I had to. XD chapter twenni wan😂~
----------------------------------

I ended up falling asleep on Fili whilst we were talking, I guess. The events of that day must have worn me out. However when I awoke, I was expecting to feel the warmth of Fili but instead, there's was nothing but cool air.

I sat up, yawning and rubbing my eyes. There was something odd. I looked around to see the others not here anymore. I was quite baffled, considering in my sleepy state.

"Sigrid! She's awake." Tilda told another girl who looked much older than her.

"Where is everyone?" I had asked.

"Thorin and the others went to go steal weapons." Sigrid sighed.

"And you didn't stop them? I thought we weren't suppose to be seen?"

"I tried but it didn't work." Bain, Bard's son, replied worriedly.

I stood up and straightened myself out before heading to the door.

"You're not also going out there, are you?" Questioned Bain.

"I have too. I must make sure they aren't getting themselves into trouble." I responded.

I almost jumped as Bard came bursting through the door with a frantic look on his face.

"Da! I tried to stop them!" Bain exclaimed.

"How long have they been gone?" Bard asked, desperation clear in his voice.

"Twenty minutes or so."

"This isn't good." Bard sighed.

Suddenly, yelling and noises could be heard from the center of the town.

"What's happening?" I asked Bard.

"It seems the guards have caught your friends." He said while looking out the window.

--------------------------------
Outside was dark. Night, to be exact. Light snow was falling from the moon-lit sky. Slight breezes would brush past my face causing me to shiver.

As Bard and I made our way to the center, the sound of the crowd was growing louder and louder.

"What in Durin's name is going on?" I whispered to myself as I watched people scurrying to this certain building that did not look like the others. It looked as if it belongs to someone who is of great importance.

There was a large number of people in front of the building. I couldn't see anything so I managed to push past them. Each dwarf was standing in a half circle, Thorin looking up to a large man.

I felt Bard's presence brush past me as he walked right in the middle of the circle.

"Death!" He shouted as he strolled over to Thorin. "That is what you will bring upon us! Dragon fire and ruin. If you waken that beast, it will destroy us all."

Thorin ignored Bard's comment. He simply shook his head and continued talking.

"You can listen to this naysayer, but I promise you this, if we succeed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain. You will have enough gold to rebuild Esgaroth ten times over!" The crowd began to cheer at Thorin and what he had just promised.

"All of you!" Bard shouted over their cheers, and then quickly died down to listen to what he had to say.

"Listen to me, you must listen! Have you forgotten what happened to Dale? Have you forgotten those who died in the firestorm?"

Then it was completely silent. All that was heard were the soft murmurs of the people talking amongst themselves.

"And for what purpose, the blind ambition of a mountain king." Bard spoke harshly, becoming agitated with Thorin.

"So driven by his greed, he could not see beyond his own desire!" Thorin looked as if he was about to argue before he said a word, the master spoke.

"Now, now, we must not, any of us be too quick to lay blame." He was pointing at Bard. "Let us not forget that it was Girion, lord of Dale, your ancestor, who failed to kill the beast!" I glanced over to Bard. He never had mentioned this important fact to us.

"It's true, sire. We all know the story. Arrow after after he shot, each one missing its mark." The other man named Alfrid said, standing besides the master.

Bard looked ashamed but nonetheless, pretended like he didn't hear what they were saying and angrily stormed over to Thorin.
"You have no right. No right to enter that mountain."

"I have the only right." Thorin replied sternly. He turned to the master and began speaking again. "I speak to the master of the men of the Lake. Will you see the prophecy fulfilled? Will you share in the great wealth of our people? What say you?"

The master chuckled lightly. "I say unto you...welcome!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms up and the crowd cheered.

Thorin was standing on one of the steps of the stairs, facing the happy crowd as Bard angrily stormed off.

-----------------------------------
Sorry this is a bit of a short chapter but I just felt like posting today. And it's also my birthday today!! Yay!! I hope you all have a great day!<3☺️