5. Three Trolls

The next morning, we set out early, Thorin did not want to be wasting much time. The sky, however, decided to be full and cloudy again. Oh yes, and more rain! How lovely. This all definitely made the journey boring and miserable. I once again, pulled on my hood from my cloak, but that didn't stop a few freezing drops to soak into my hood and slip onto my face.

"Mr. Gandalf," I heard the voice of a dwarf. I look up from my hood to see it was Dori.

"Can't you do something about this deluge?" He asked.

"It is raining, Master Dwarf. And it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard." Gandalf replied, clearly he, too, was not in the mood.

"Are there any?" Bilbo asked.

"Any what?" Gandalf said.

"Other wizards."

"There are five of us, the greatest in our order is Saruman, the White. Then there are the two Blues. Well I quite forgotten their name." Gandalf answered.

"And the fifth?"

"The fifth one would be Radagast, the Brown." Gandalf added.
Ah yes, I remember Radagast. He was indeed an odd fellow. But he is very kindhearted, extremely caring for animals. I've only spoken to him once, I believe. It was a long while ago, my pet rabbit fell sick and Radagast cured him, good as new.

"Is he a great wizard or is he more like you?" Bilbo asked.
I couldn't help but snicker at what Bilbo just said, Gandalf clearly was offended.
"He is a very great wizard, in his own way." Gandalf continued to explain to Bilbo more of Radagast.

Soon enough, it stopped raining and Thorin lead us to a small clearing where there was an abandoned farmhouse.

"We will camp here for the night. Fili, Kili, look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them. Gloin, get a fire going." Thorin ordered.

I dismounted Marco, grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I slightly cringed with disgust, my bag still being somewhat wet and clinging to my body.

"Here, I'll take Marco." Kili said.

"Thank you, Kili." I replied smiling at him.

Then everyone turned their attention to Gandalf, who was storming away from Thorin.

"Gandalf, is there something wrong? Where are you going?" Bilbo asked him.

"To seek the company of the only one who's got any sense around here." He growled.

"And who is that?"

"Myself, Mr. Baggins! I've had enough of dwarves for one day." The wizard grumbled on that last part.

"Is he coming back?"
We all shrugged at the hobbit. I don't blame Gandalf for leaving, to be honest. I know that dwarves can be very stubborn. I had overheard Gandalf talking about going to the Hidden Valley, which was Rivendell. My home. But as usual, Thorin refused.
I will not go near that place, he said with a disgusted look on his face. Even I felt what Gandalf felt. Such a stubborn dwarf Thorin is.

At that moment, Thorin shouted for Bombur to get a start on food. Kili and Fili took all the ponies, stayed with them and looked after them while the rest of us sat around the fire waiting for the food to be done.

"He's been gone a long time now." Bilbo stated, still on the lookout for Gandalf's return.

"He's a wizard, he does as he chooses." Bofur assured him. "Here, take these to the lads." He gave Bilbo two bowls of soup to take to Fili and Kili who were still watching the ponies.