24. The Orcs Are Back

An odd sound shook the house, causing us to look up at the ceiling as dust fell. I'm hoping the others are okay and the noise had nothing to do with the dragon. If Smaug does awaken then who knows what will happen.

"It's coming from the mountain." Bain tells his father.

Fili had left Kili's side and approached Bard. "You should leave us. Take your children and get out of here."

"Indeed. It is not safe here anymore." I added.

"And go where? There is nowhere to go." Bard says.

"Are we going to die, Da?" Tilda looks at him with worried eyes.
"No darling." He says.

"The dragon. It's going to kill us."

Bard looked at his children worriedly for a moment, then reaches up and pulls out a black arrow, the last of the three.

"Not if I kill it first." Says Bard full of determination.

-----------------------------------
Bard had left the house in an attempt to put the plan in action. Bofur was taking a long time now getting the Athelas and I was starting to wonder if he was okay. Kili wasn't getting any better and pacing back and forth for me seemed to make time go by faster.

Suddenly, we all heard a scream come from the front door. Sigrid came running back in and slammed the door but a sword stops it from closing.

Orcs.

It must have been the orcs that were following us back at Mirkwood. They finally caught up to us.

The orcs strides in the house and Oin throws a stack of plates at it. But another orc breaks through the roof and falls into the house. The orcs began swinging their swords at us.

"Sigrid! Tilda! The both of you stay under the table and do not come out!" I shouted as I ushered them quickly and turned the bench sideways as a shield.

One orc advanced towards me. Acting swiftly, I grabbed a chair and shielded myself from its attacks. Stabbing it's dagger into the chair, I had the advantage of kicking it back and breaking the chair on the orc. It fell to the ground as I grabbed the dagger and stabbing its chest.

Now I had the dagger to defend myself. More orcs began coming from the roof. I began slashing at ever orc I saw but they were just too many.

From the other side of the house, Fili was fighting with another orc with his bare hands. What he didn't notice was another one behind him raising its axe at his head.

Without thinking, I threw the dagger with an insane amount of force and shot it at its head. A relieved sigh escaped my lips as I saw it fall to the ground. The orc he was fighting with also collapsed to the floor.

"Eleanor! Behind you!" He shouted, however before I could react, another Orc grabbed me by my hair and threw me across the room and into a glass cupboard. I winced as I felt the stings of the small glass shards piercing my torso.

Lifting my head up slowly, I saw that Fili killed the orc. He came to me and gently brought me back onto my feet.

"There's too many of them, Fili. What are we going to do?" I asked as I leaned into him.

Our attention turned to the sound of an arrow being fired. An orc collapsed, two familiar looking elves came through the door and began killing the rest of the orcs in the house. Legolas and Tauriel.

Not many orcs were left now and even Kili was helping to kill some. But that led him to fall over onto the floor, releasing a howl of pain. Where in the world was Bofur with the Athelas? I'm not sure if Kili can hold out much longer.

With every move I took, my open wounds on my torso stung horribly. Fili sat me down on a chair that was not broken. He told me to sit tight for the moment. After he helps with Kili, he was going to help with my cuts.

------------------------------

"You killed them all!" Bain exclaimed to Tauriel in amazement.

"There are others. Tauriel, come." Legolas told her as she worriedly gazed at Kili on the floor.

"We're losing him!" Oin shouts as Tauriel looks to Kili, then to Legolas.

"Tauriel." He says, looking at her for a moment before walking out the door.
Minutes later, she returns, along with Bofur. I noticed the Athelas in her hands. She is going to save him.

Sigrid rushed to the kitchen and began to boil some water into a bowl. Tauriel then immediately crushed a few leaves with her fingers and threw them into the water. Fili, Oin, Bofur, Bain, and Sigrid all rushed to hold Kili down as Tauriel pressed a handful of leaves onto Kili's wound. This resulted him to scream out in pain. Kili's breathing was heavy and rapid, his face was covered with sweat.

Tauriel closed her eyes and began muttering an ancient elven healing spell that I had learned back in Rivendell.

She continued to press the Athelas onto his wound until Kili stopped tossing and writhing. He was getting calmer and calmer by the second and relief washed over me, seeing the Athelas was working on him.

-----------------------------------

After Kili was successfully healed and all was well with him, Fili came to me with a bowl of water and a piece of cloth. He first was going to clean up my wounds of any blood, which was a lot, then attempt to pull out any remaining shards of glass I still had.

"How do you think the others are doing?" I questioned whilst he slightly soaked the cloth into the water and began wiping off blood that surrounded the wounds.
"I feel they have awoken the dragon. And that it will soon cause destruction over here."

Those were my exact thoughts. There's no doubt Smaug won't destroy this town. Unless they somehow kill him before he does anything. But the black arrow that Bard has is the only thing that can pierce him.

"Remember back at the cells in Mirkwood and how I was afraid we would never get out of there? Remember how I did whatever it took to break open the doors but nothing happened?"

He looked up to me and nodded, continuing to clean my wounds.

"You told me to have faith. Fili, no matter how bad the situation might be, there's nothing wrong with being positive. In hopes of it all turning out fine. Faith is probably the only thing to keep the both of us sane."

"I apologize for being so negative." He said.
"Don't be sorry. Of course that's our first thought when we think of a dragon. But just promise me you'll have faith. Not only in this situation, but in any problem you encounter." I took a hold of his free hand.

"Promise?" I questioned.

"Promise."

-------------------------------------
Guys. We have officially finished Desolation of Smaug and have gone into The Battle of the Five Armies!!! ASDFGHKTLVJSKC 👏🎉🎊