3. Fili And Kili

*Fili's POV*

I watch as Eleanor carries Mr. Baggins into the next room. I pitied him, Bofur made it worse for Bilbo. That idiot. I hope that he comes through and joins us. I'm also really glad that Eleanor agreed to join us, despite of her past. I know how my uncle can be.

"So, what do you think about her?" Kili leaned and whispered to me.
"About who?" I questioned.

"Don't play dumb, you know whom I speak of. I saw you staring at her the second she walked in." Kili smirked at me.

"I don't know what you are talking about. All I think is that she is a great woman and I greatly admire her." I assured him, even though I knew I was lying to myself.

Then Kili put his hand on my shoulder and continued to smirk. "Brother, I know you admire her. But not in the way that you claim. Don't worry! I won't say anything."
By the look on his face I could tell he was thinking of some sort of a plan that I did not want to be apart of.
"Come on, we have to go to the living room." I sighed, noticing we were the only two in the dining area. But as we stood up, Eleanor walked in.

"Sorry for interrupting, I thought Gandalf was in here." She apologized, she must of thought she came in between our conversation.

Kili nudged me on my side. "Oh, no it's fine! We were just about to leave." I assured her. Kili pulled me alongside him and we introduced ourselves to her.
"Fili."

"And Kili."
We bowed down.

"Eleanor." She smiled at us.

"So how long did it take you to get over here?" Kili asked.
"Nearly 4 hours."

"Woah, I'd imagine it would've taken days!" He added.

"Yeah well I came from Rivendell, which isn't very far from here, plus my horse is very fast." She clarified.

"It's true that you are half dwarf and elf?" I asked her.
She looked at me and smiled before replying.
"Yes. Yes it is true. My father was a dwarf and my mother was an elf."

"That's amazing! I've never met a half dwarf before." I exclaimed. It truly was mind blowing to meet a half dwarf. This type of thing rarely happens.

"We better get back to the living room now." She spoke. We both nodded, letting her walk in front of us. Kili looked at me once more before nudging me on my side and winking.

*Eleanor's POV*

I couldn't help but let a smile slip when Fili asked me about myself. His reaction was what warmed my heart. He seemed genuinely amazed at me. Both Fili and Kili were very sweet and made me feel welcomed.

We continued to walk until we got to the living room. All the dwarves were gathered together, with Thorin in the middle next to the fireplace. I quietly sat on an armchair that's next to a window. Then all the dwarves started humming a song. Thorin began:

Far over, the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long forgotten gold

The pines were roaring on the height
The winds were moaning in the night
The fire was red, it flaming spread
The trees like torches blazed with light

And with that, I laid my head down and fell asleep.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I wake up next morning to someone gently shaking me awake.

"Sorry to wake you, but Thorin demanded we leave at dawn." It was Fili.

"No, it's fine." I told him as I got up. I looked out the window and saw the sun barely rising. I groan as I am not used to waking up so early. I make my way to the front door where I left my bag and weapons. I pick them up and reach into my bag to grab my hair brush and brush my hair until they return to their brown, natural waves. I walk back to my spot on the armchair. One of the dwarves was passing plates full of food for us to eat before we leave.

"I haven't properly introduced myself miss, my name is Bofur." He said as he handed me the plate.

"Thank you. And my name is Eleanor." I replied.

"I know who you are. The Night Rider!Heard many great stories about you." He responded.
I sent him a warm smile. He bowed down, then he left. It's quite odd for me to be treated so nicely by dwarves like this. It's going to take me a while to get used to. But I shouldn't get so comfortable. I still don't know half of them.

After a while, I finish my food, Thorin then announces something. "We must leave now. With or without our burglar."

"We're leaving without him?" I question. "But we can't! I was asked to be his bodyguard!"

"We cannot wait any longer for Mr. Baggins. He already made his decision of coming. We must keep going."

"I know what the problem is. It's not that we can't wait for him. You just don't believe in him." I argued.

"That's enough, Eleanor." Thorin demanded.

"You don't truly believe he's what you call burglar material. You don't believe he's going to get what you desire. Even though I've only known him for, not even a day, I know he has potential within him."

"I said that's enough." Thorin bellowed. "Let's go. Now."

~thank ya for reading it means a lot!(:~