6. Holy Ground

Now that Gandalf saved us, we were able to get out of the dirty sacks and untie the dwarves still over the fire.

As soon as Bilbo freed himself, he came over and untied me. I thanked him, then stood up and kicked the sack to the side. I felt like I was missing something.

My weapons, that's right. Before I could walk over to the pile that was laying on the other side, Fili walked over to me with an armful of my weapons. My bow and quiver of arrows, my daggers, and my sword. I smile as I take them, my hand brushes against his which sends a shiver through my body.

"Thank you." I say and I seriously mean it. I appreciate how much he cares about me and made me feel like I belong here, even if we haven't known each other for very long. I'd be lying if I said he's not a caring, loyal and kind dwarf. I appreciate his acts of kindness towards me.

"It's no problem, El." He replied, walking back to his brother.

-----------------------------------
We continued through the green forest but stopped when we stumbled upon a cave, big enough for three trolls to be in. Gandalf suggested we go in and look around. I'm not going to lie when I say that place stunk horribly. It smelled like things I do not want to name. On the bright side, there was treasure in there. Lots of golden objects. I saw that Thorin came across a sword that was, in fact, made by elves. He groaned in disgust but before he put it back, Gandalf confirmed that he wouldn't find a finer blade and took it either ways.

The stench of that place was really getting to me, so I headed out, walking past Gloin, Nori, and Bofur who were making a "long term deposit." I walked out and sat on a large rock, putting my head in between my hands.

After a couple of minutes, I heard walking coming towards me, but I didn't bother to see who it was.

"Why are you out here?" I immediately recognized the voice of the golden haired dwarf.

"I couldn't stand to be in there any longer, the stench is horrible." I replied, my head still in my hands.

"I'm afraid that is correct, and I thought Kili smelled bad." He said with a hint of humor in his voice. I chuckled at his comment, slowly lifting my head to reveal a bright smile coming from him. I felt my cheeks growing warm from the way he was staring at me. I hid my face underneath my hands once again. I sensed his presence sitting down on the rock next to me. Placing his hand on my chin, he gently lifted my face to his.

"Don't hide your face from me, you're beautiful. And I mean it." His face inched closer to mine, my body refusing to move. My muscles tensed and my mind was racing. My heart pulsed furiously, the reality of his mouth coming close to mine set in. His lips merely brushing mine when we heard Thorin shout that they were leaving.

Quickly pulling back, we stood up and acted like nothing happened. But really, I couldn't forget. Even if I tried. I was utterly in shock about all this. I came out here to get out from the stench that lingered in that cave but instead I almost shared a kiss with Fili. The thing I least expected to happen did. It was the last thing on my mind.

As soon as Thorin made his way out the cave, he stopped at the sight of the two of us. My heart began to rapidly beat again, wondering what the dwarf king was thinking. But more importantly, what he was going to ask.

"What were you two doing out here?" He asked with curiosity in his voice.

"Uhm, I-I came out here to get some fresh air." I replied, sounding unsure of myself, stuttering slightly.

He glanced at me, then eyed Fili, awaiting an answer from him too.

"I was making sure she was okay, uncle." He assured him.

"Don't wander from the company again. That goes for the both of you. Am I clear?"

We both nodded, I silently let out a relieved sigh.

"Something's coming." Thorin announced, everyone quickly drawing out their swords and axes.
I drew out my sword tightly, ready to fight.
We could here something coming at full speed.

We were all taken back to see an old man who I recognized to be Radagast. He was standing on a sleigh which was pulled by large rabbits. Seeing there wasn't any danger, I lowered my sword.

"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" He called out. I took a good look at the brown wizard, same strangely shaped hat, the side of his face covered with bird droppings.

"Radagast! Radagast the Brown! What on Earth are you doing here?" Asked Gandalf. I continued to look at Radagast, he was panicking and I could sense something bad lingered in his mind.

"Something is wrong, Gandalf. Something is terribly wrong." Gandalf pulled Radagast away to talk in private whilst the rest of us stood and talked amongst ourselves.

Fili turned to face me and began to apologize.
"Eleanor, I'm sorry for what I did not long ago, it must've made you very uncomfortable and it was foolish of me to-" he rambled on but I cut him off by lifting my hand to stop him.

"Stop. You don't have to apologize for anything. I admit, it did come as quite a surprise but there is no reason for a sorry." I assured him, forming a small smile on my lips. I didn't want him to think of all those negative things about himself. That's the last thing I would ever want.

Fili was about to say something until his younger brother showed up.

"Sooo! What are we talking about here?" Kili asked with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Fili was just telling me about how much you smell." I answered with a smirk.

"He said even the troll cave smells better than you."

Kili looked at his brother in shock, dramatically putting a hand on his own chest, making a face as if he were actually offended. I laughed at both of their reactions, Fili's which was very confused, yet he too was laughing.

Our conversation was interrupted by a loud howl in the distance.
"Was that a wolf, are there wolves out there?" Bilbo asked, his voice laced with worry and I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Wolves, no that is not a wolf." Bofur confirms to him, but suddenly a warg jumps out from behind Thorin and for a second, my eyes widen but Thorin managed to kill the beast with his new sword causing it to howl in pain as it fell dead to the ground. Kili shot another with his bow and Dwalin finished him off.

"Warg-scouts! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind." Thorin informed.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo was trembling at the sound of that.

"Who did you tell of your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf asks.

"No one." The dwarf king answered.

"Who did you tell?" Gandalf asked a bit harsher this time.

"No one, I swear! What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You're being hunted."

"We need to get out of here."

"We can't! The ponies, they bolted!" Ori informed us. Both Bilbo and I groan in frustration and worry.

"How do we get out of here?"

"I'll draw them off." Radagast suggested which seemed like the only option for us.

"These are Gundabad wargs, they'll outrun you!" Gandalf sighed.

"These are Rhosgobel Rabbits. I'd like to see them try."