Hey Look- The Baddies are gone. Time for new experiments! #3

KEEFE'S POV

Keefe was at the Shores of Solace, sitting on his bed and drawing. His hands subconsciously moved across the canvas and after a while, he stared down at a portrait of Sophie. Though he called her Foster, to him she would always be Sophie- the kind, caring, brown eyed girl- whose obliviousness killed him but made him love her more, nevertheless.

Speaking of Foster, his mind drifted to a week before, when she had ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Her emotions were overwhelming, to say in the least. There was excitement, joy, happiness, confusion(why was it there?), shock, and something else which he could not place his finger on, too overpowered by the rest of her feelings.

She had, since then, not contacted him or anyone else, for that matter. Oh well, she deserved some time alone what with the Neverseen ruining her life for years on end.

He contemplated upon telling her how much she meant to him, however, decided against it since it would only ruin their friendship and cause her stress- something he did not want happening. Fitz and Sophie had broken up two years ago, and had decided to remain just friends. So, there should not be any problem with Fitz if he ever happened to confess.

He was brought out of his reverie by Ro- who had insisted on staying with him for a while because " Great Ol' Daddio can't be trusted." (Ro's words)

"Hunkyhair!" she shouted from the kitchen," Someone's come to visit you. The doorbell rang. Bet you it's Captain Cognate!"

It was seven at night. Welp. If Fitzy was coming at an odd hour without informing, he must be really angry or something. Nevertheless, he shouted, "Who is it, Ro?"

Suddenly, he felt a blast of emotions. Panic, excitement, nervousness, a bit of nausea and something else he couldn't describe- overall, Foster was on an adrenaline rush. He called out, "Nevermind, it's Foster. I can feel her distress from a mile away."

As if on cue, his bedroom door swung open and there stood Foster- in all her glory. She looked so pretty, the red tunic and light curls in her hair accentuating her features . Her cheeks were red- though he couldn't understand why- and she was nervously wringing her hands.

"H-Hey Keefe" she stuttered.

He put his canvas down face-first, got up and walked over to Sophie. 

"Hey Foster! What may I have done so that it requires an after-hours visit from the one and only Fos-Boss?" he joked. "Seriously though, is everything alright? Your emotions are going all crazy. Woahh!" he exclaimed, fanning the air.

He looked over at her and was surprised to see her staring straight at him , with such intensity in her eyes , that it practically unnerved him. "Hey, are you fi-"

He was cut off by Sophie coming close to him and smashing their lips together. He was too shocked, too stunned at what was happening. This had always been something he had only fantasized about, so it completely took him aback.

However, he came to his senses quickly,kissed her back and pulled her even closer to him, snaking his arms around her waist. She fisted his collar, holding onto him tightly.

She smelled so amazing- like Panakes blossoms- and her soft hair tickled his face, causing him to smile. The feeling was undescribable - so beautiful, so daunting, but at the same time so, so right. Pure bliss was coursing through his veins, and if he hadn't known better, he would have been in heaven. 

He felt complete- as if his life had twisted into a perspective and place where even if things went wrong, everything would be okay.

Why- you ask?

Because Foster was there, his Foster- that is, if he wasn't dreaming.

 His brain was turning to mush, his emotions riding a roller coaster, and his soul flying somewhere high up in the clouds. The only thought in his mind being- BEST. DAY. EVER !!

A/N: Sooo, there you go- chapter 3 , baby! TBH, it was difficult writing Keefe's POV from 3rd person perspective, IDK why. Anyways, you guys know the drill- do provide constructive criticism as it helps motivate me to keep on writing and improving.

Stay safe, stay healthy and keep smiling always. Peace out,

~Ana :))