"Will you..

Dedicated to emma433371

Keefe stared at his home- Shores of Solace. Yeah, it wasn't just a house anymore. He could call it home.

The war had severely impacted them all, and even if it had ended, wounds surely did not.

Guess the saying 'Time heals all wounds' stands true, after all. It had now been around eight years since it got over, and these had been some of the best years of his life.

The Neverseen, including Lady Gisela, were sent to Exile, as everyone else tried coping with life.

Shortly after the fiasco got over, Keefe and Sophie had confessed their feelings towards eachother, taking slow, tiny baby steps into a much awaited relationship, being each other's pillar of support when needed.

Lord Cassius, on the other hand, had signed in a match fail, and had started going out after a year or so- much to Keefe's surprise.

This was further enhanced when his father brought his 'hopeful' to meet Keefe- he had been really nervous , what if she turned out just like his dad?- though he had no reason to worry, cause the woman Cassius was with? She was definitely one of the sweetest persons ever.

Lyra was around 5"6' tall- much like his Foster. With glossy burgundy hair and beautiful cobalt blue eyes that radiated kindness- she was just the mother whom he never had all his life.

Not anymore, though. Lyra had immediately taken a liking to Keefe, treating him like her own son, often giving him relationship advice and even engaging in the occasional mother-son squabbles with him.

She must've been a wizard- cause she even brought out Cassius's soft side- who knew he had that in him? and had played a major role in establishing a sweet bond between father and son.

Two years of dating Lyra, and Cassius knew she was the one. She had picked up the pieces of his crumbling family, and had joined them one by one, securing them firmly. Even though cracks were visible here and there, damage had been cleared.

So, it did not come as a shock to Keefe when his dad and his girlfriend announced that they were getting married.

Sophie had always been by side through this huge change in his life, and when she heard about the wedding, she had squealed up and down, not able to contain her excitement.

No doubt, Keefe and Cassius weren't the only Lyra fans. Her and Sophie went along great, and after the marriage, when his 'mother' had finally settled in, Keefe had invited Sophie for dinner- though the four of them had already done this so many times before.

Keefe and Cassius were on good terms, with his father finally accepting his talent, intelligence and personality- all credit to Lyra.

It had been difficult at first, but with his Foster's help and Lyra talking to Cassius, father and son had rekindled their bond- which had, over the years now, turned into a sweet relationship.

Keefe shook his head, going inside as he navigated the various hallways of the humongous beach house.

Humming to himself, he reached the living room, whose large french windows were open, a cool breeze trickling through. Warm sunlight filtered in, illuminating Lyra's features as she sat on the plush couch, reading one of those human magazines Sophie had bought for her.

Outside the windows was the balcony, which had been transformed into her own personal garden, overlooking the beautiful ocean.

Lyra looked up, her face lighting up on seeing her son. She got up quickly, resting a hand on her swollen belly for support as Keefe walked up to her, "Woah mom- take it easy. You need rest"