Hey Look- The Baddies are gone! Time for new Permissions! #6

"Is it really necessary, Foster? Ya know I could simply meet you when he's not around." Keefe whined as they glittered back onto Havenfield's pastures.

 Sophie looked at her boyfriend in amusement, "Oh shush, Keefe. Mom told me that dad's fine with me dating you. In fact, I'm pretty sure he likes you deep down and just doesn't want you to know that. Besides, he said he only wanted to talk to you. How bad can it be?" she chided.

"He's going to kill me. I'm sure of it. Or worse case scenario, he may mesmer me to walk into Verdi's cage or jump off a cliff." Keefe grumbled.Sophie sighed. Her boyfriend really was quite the drama queen.

"He'll do nothing of the sort. I'm telling you, he loves you. Maybe not as much as I do but, still. It's going to be okay. I'll make sure he behaves." she assured him, taking his hand.

Keefe smiled gratefully at her. "What did I even do to deserve you, Foster?"

She let go of his hand, hugging him and kissing him on the cheek, while cupping it with one hand. "You're you. Do I need more of a reason than that? Besides, you deserve the world and beyond, Keefe." she whispered softly.

They looked fondly at each other for a moment, tenderness and warmth dancing in both their eyes. Then Keefe cleared his throat. "We should probably get going. I don't wanna be on the receiving end of Grady's wrath." he joked. "Okay, then."

They walked up to the door and Sophie rang the bell. The door opened, and a very excited Edaline greeted them. "So, how'd it go, guys?" she inquired.

Keefe and Sophie shared a look as Sophie replied, "We had a lot of fun, mom. It was truly amazing." Edaline's face lit up as she exclaimed, "Oh, I'm so glad!"  She pulled Sophie into a hug and proceeded to give Keefe one, too. At first, he was surprised, but slowly, he melted into it, soaking up the motherly comfort Edaline gave him.

"Grady's in the living room. It's best not to keep him waiting. C'mon guys!" she ushered them in. Sophie must have seen the anxious look on Keefe's face as she took his hand reassuringly. He squeezed hers back gratefully, a smile forming on his lips.

Grady was sitting at the table, reading some scrolls. He looked up when he saw them enter, and stood up.

"Hey kiddo, That Boy." he greeted.

"Here we go again." Keefe muttered under his breath.

"Dad! His name's Keefe." Sophie chided.

"I know that, kiddo. Anyways, looks like you two went to the Forbidden Cities- by the clothes you're wearing. Had fun?"

"Yeah we did. A lot." Sophie smiled. Keefe took me to Paris. I got to visit the Louvre, the Notre-Dame, the Palace of Versailles. It was so amazing and exhilarating. I had always wanted to go there for sightseeing. I really enjoyed myself." She shot Keefe a grateful look, and he returned it back with a sweet smile, full of adoration and love. 

"That's great to hear, kiddo and....Keefe. So, are you guys going to go on a few more dates and then make it official or something else? In any case, I'll need to have a talk."

"Um sir," Keefe spoke up, "With all due respect, Sophie and I have decided to make it official. I assure you, I first asked for her opinion on the matter , and proceeded only with her consent." he said solemnly.

Sophie could see that he was truly serious, and she was really relieved at the way the conversation was going. So, she took his hand in hers and said, "Yes, dad. Keefe initially asked me and never pressured me to do anything. In fact, he even said that he would wait if I wasn't ready. I really love him-" she shot him a loving grin, "-and am more than happy dating him. However, we haven't told our friends yet, and want to keep it that way."