..marry me...

Dedicated to KOTLC4LIFE27

Sophie sat in the auditorium at Foxfire, sighing as she waited for her students' parents to come and collect them.

She was now a mentor at the prestigious school, and had accompanied the students on a trip.

It had been a multi-species field trip, to the human world- for the students to learn about human ways and ideas.

She had been specially requested by the multi species mentor to accompany them- because who had better first hand knowledge about humans than her?

Of course, she had agreed.

Though it had taken time to convince Keefe- he was still wary about her going alone, often becoming too protective.

She couldn't blame him. She would have had the same reaction if it was the other way round.

Thinking of him, it made her nervous. Not the him part, though. It was what she was going to attempt that evening.

She remembered the day when she had talked to Biana about it, and her friend's only advice had been,  "Go for it, Sophie!"

And when in the Forbidden Cities? She had found just the perfect ring- not too showy, just something that screamed Keefe!

(Is that a men's wedding ring? Idk tbh- when I searched this came up- so just go with it)

Her students had teased her relentlessly when they saw her purchase. She had simply blushed in that cute, Foster way ( Keefe's words, not hers).

She was scared. What if he wasn't ready? What if she completely messed this up? It would be truly awkward, considering they lived together.

She needed to calm her nerves.

The irony was, the only person who could help her with that?

It was Keefe.

So, she steeled her nerves, taking in a huge breath and rang him up.

"Hey Keefe!" she smiled.

"Hey Foster-how're you?"

He seemed a bit nervous?

She wondered what that was about.

"I'm fine. It'll take some time here at Foxfire, then I'm- hey, is that Lyra? Are you at the Shores of Solace?"

"Yeah" he replied, turning the imparter towards his mom.

Lyra's face lit up on the screen, a huge smile on her face as she waved excitedly at Sophie.

"Hi Sophie! How's everything going? Oh and don't worry- I'll make sure Keefe doesn't do anything stupid"

"Hey!" Her boyfriend protested.