French fries and flower crowns

"It looks beautiful" she grinned, leaning against the doorframe.

Keefe whipped around, paintbrush still in hand, "Hey, love" he smiled.

She couldn't help but notice the glasses he had on, giving him a teen boy appearance.

He insisted on wearing those, whenever he painted.

Working meticulously, or as orderly in a fashion as an artist can, his tongue always stuck out, eyes full of concentration behind the black rim of his spectacles.

In fact, he was a spectacle to see when wearing them , even more so than the exquisite paintings he crafted with his artistic talent.

Sophie walked towards him, as he sat on his stool, leaning down and gently kissing his forehead.

She pulled back, amused to see his glasses fogging up, as he exclaimed, " Oh thank you- now I can see so much better!"

She laughed at that, and he joined in, too.

Tugging at his hand, she asked, "How much is left? You've been at it since morning- take a break, it'll help"

He smiled up at her, "Not much left, love. In fact, I was just waiting for the paint to dry so that I can work on the remaining parts afterwards"

"That's great, then. C'mon, I've got something for ya!"

She pulled him up, dragging him out, and he trailed behind, curious.

She led him out the main door, into the lush, green pastures and he gasped, taking in the sight before him.

Not too far away, stood a cherry tree, its flowers blossoming into full bloom, below which was a picnic set up, complete with all kinds of Elvin delicacies.

His eyes lit up like lights on a Christmas tree, emanating similar joy, as he scooped her up in his arms, hugging her fiercely.

"Thank you so much love, it looks so beautiful- I can't believe you did this for me"

She grinned, "I'm glad you like it, darling"

"I love it and- wait, is that mallowmelt?! A whole plate?!"

She nodded.

"Eek!" He squealed like a crazed fangirl, running towards the picnic, as she chortled behind him.

✨✨✨

Sitting on the mat, they had the time of their lives, enjoying a simple picnic, basking in each other's presence and the warmth of the Sun.

Sophie had earlier introduced Keefe to french fries, and they had become one of his favorites- which, being the most amazing wife she was, she had also brought along to their lunch.

Currently the plate was being scarfed down by the two of them, when only one remained.

They stared at each other, back down at the single, poor fry waiting to be eaten, when he scooped it up with frighteningly fast reflexes.

She pouted, "Hey! I was about to have that!"

He smirked, " You'll have to steal it from me, darling. Ooh- a dare! You have to take it from me without using your hands whatsoever" and proceeded to place it between his lips.

A playful smile etched her face, "Oh you're so on, Mr.Foster!"

She came closer, trying to capture the fry in her mouth, as he sneakily sucked it a bit, eating it up with only a few centimetres left.

Realising she needed to act fast, Sophie got even closer, when he swallowed the entire thing, resulting in her lips against his.

Keefe mentally high-fived himself, proud to have sneaked in a kiss, as Sophie squeaked in surprise, though sinking into it.