Chapter 20 - Solved, for now.

Before you guys read this chapter I would like to put a disclaimer due to scenes of violence and strong language prevalent in this final chapter.

...

We all sat there silently, waiting for someone to speak up and say something but all there was, was silence.

"Maybe we should turn back, we just tell the cops," Shaggy murmured under his breath curling up next to his Great Dane in the back seat of the van, "We can't, we started this and we have to finish it," Velma spoke up, she was seated across from Shaggy and Scooby while Fred and I sat in front.

"This guy could be seriously dangerous you guys," I added.

"And what are we going to tell the police, that someone who is possessed by some mirror ghost kidnapped all those girls to drain their blood and give to said ghost...that's insane." Velma hissed as I shifted my gaze away from her and to Fred who let out a sigh.

"Let's do this," Fred said getting out of the car which was part at the far end of the school parking lot so that no one would notice it.

Shaggy huffed, "Guess we're doing this."

I watched as each member of the gang climbed out of the vehicle and gathered together to make sure they had everything they needed, while I sat there and thought.

'This is insane.' I thought to myself as I gripped onto the straps on my bag, we could be walking right into the devil's mouth and I wasn't sure if I wanted to take that risk let alone take it with people who I consider some of my now closest friends - who could quite possibly get hurt - "Coming Daph?" Fred came up the window, "It's now or never, the meeting ends in an hour and a half."

I took in a deep breath and nodded in response to Fred's question, "Let's do this." I uttered as I made my way out of the car without another word, passing Fred in the process and making my way to Shaggy and Velma.

Velma, I could understand why she wanted this so bad. If I lost someone I cared about to the hands of someone else I would want justice more than anyone, but when I sawt out justice for Taylor look what happened all I got was trouble, trouble I could have avoided but I didn't and that leads us to where we are now.

A bunch of kids solving a mystery, someone gets the CW on the phone they might have their next best story.

"Ready gang?" Fred asked as we all looked around at one another and nodded in unison, I gazed over at Velma who seemed more determined than ever as if she was planning something all her own.

Mr. Selling was kind enough to point us in the direction of Mr. McCullen's house which wasn't too far and away.

Go through the forest at the edge of the football field and past the old well, approximately half a mile through, and that's where you'll find his house.

His instructions were vague but clear, it should take us about 10 minutes to get to his house on foot and that we should pass an old well on our way there.

The air was cold and all you could hear was the frost-covered grass crunch from beneath our feet as we made our way down the football field to where the pine trees stood tall. My hands began to shiver at the unknown, I wondered to myself if this was going to be the end and suddenly a multitude of unnerving thoughts crept their way into my brain.

We stopped in unison as we looked over at one another, we were at the edge of the football field and what stood beyond was a forest filled with what looked like endless darkness. My gaze shifted to Shaggy who held tightly onto Scooby's leash, as terror filled his eyes.