Chapter 2 - Murderer

As Landon walked up to me he handed me a card that was upside down so no one could see what I had gotten, so I slowly took a glance at it before I placed it under my purse.

'King.' I thought to myself, I would take the role of one of the murderers.

"Now everyone heads down." Landon said as everyone immediately followed his instructions, "Let the games begin."

It quickly became dead silent and all you could hear was the music coming from the house.

"Murderer's lift your heads," Landon said with an almost eager tone in his voice, as I did what he said I looked over at him as he smirked, then I looked over my shoulder to see who the other murderer was and to my dismay, it was the guy who I had met earlier that day, I narrowed my eyes at him as he jokingly narrowed his eyes back to me.

"Murderers heads down." Landon declared, "Murderer 1 put your head up."

I complied and lifted my head as he looked over at me, "Who are you going to kill?" He asked with a grin, as I took in a breath I looked around and pointed at Mia who sat cozily between Alex Cooper and Jason Smith. Landon nodded in understanding as he gestured for me to lower my head. He then asked the next murderer to lift his head asking him to choose who he'd kill.

"Medic lift your head," Landon uttered, as I felt a cool breeze hit my back but didn't hear a peep come from anyone in the group.

"Who are you going to save?" I heard him ask the medic, I hoped that whoever it was wouldn't pick Mia for the thrill of the game.

"Investigator, who are you going to investigate?" Landon queried as he quietly chuckled to himself, "Cool, head down."

A few seconds had passed before Landon asked us all to lift our heads, as we all looked around at each other, I narrowed my eyes and scrunched my eyebrows looking around at everyone who surrounded me to make as if I was trying to figure out who the killer was.

"Mia, you went out for a late-night swim at Moonsong river but never came back and the next day when the police found your body everyone presumed you had drowned but when the autopsy report came back it showed that there were signs of struggle with bruises on your neck and a gash at the back of your head, you were murdered...now remember Mia since you are now a ghost you can't say a word until the game is over...now who killed Mia?" Landon muttered as I took in a deep breath and looked over at Mia who seemed completely shocked by what Landon said and almost chilled by the story.

"Why do you look so happy about what happened Dylan?" Dominic announced crossing her arms as she raised her eyebrow in suspicion, after she said this everyone looked over at a dumbfounded Dylan who rolled his eyes.

"I'm just excited to play the game." Dylan insisted with a smirk.

"Maybe a little too excited." Alex, Dominic's elder sister replied.

"If you're looking for someone to blame for the murder why don't you just look at yourself Dominic, you were quick to call someone out, a great way to divert suspicion away from you," Dylan stated as I smirked and looked over at Dominic.

"All she was doing was stating that your reaction to the murder didn't seem all that sad, you didn't seem shocked either that Mia died." I declared as Dylan looked at me almost shocked that I took her side.

"It does seem pretty convincing." The new guy stepped in.

"Why would I kill Mia?" Dylan defended himself.

"Cause you are the only one here that seemed happy that Mia was gone," Ava added her opinion.

"You killed her and when you heard she was dead you couldn't hide the fact that you were happy that the medic didn't choose to save her..." I continued as Dylan looked around at everyone in complete shock.