Chapter 6 - Liar Liar, the bitch is on fire

As I made my way up the stairs toward the grand doors of the Coolsville Museum I got a text from Velma asking for me to meet her at the coffee shop across the road before the meeting which was supposed to take place in 30 minutes, but I decided to come earlier just because after this morning I couldn't be in my house any longer, especially after what happened this morning. Ever since Taylor's death, I feel like all I have done was question my sanity in this situation because I was either going insane or I was being haunted and a part of me just didn't want to admit to the fact that ghosts were real.

I spotted a very nervous-looking Velma sipping on a cup of cocoa and the table in front of her was Taylor's diary alongside a bunch of notes and books, " Hey Velma. " I walked up to her with a warm smile as she smiled back, "Daphne, I'm glad you could meet up with me beforehand." She sounded highly strung as she gestured for me to take a seat.

"Is everything okay?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows as she sighed, "Do you know who killed her?" I whispered, "I might have a clue as to who did it, but that's not what I wanted to talk about." Velma admitted as she took in a deep breath and scrambled through her notes and took out a pile of labeled papers and handed it to me, "These are from Taylor's diary...actually..." She stopped for a moment, "...their about you."

I took hold of the pile and began to read the first page.

---

Dear Diary

August 12th, 2019

I couldn't hate Daphne more after what she did today, I thought I'd have a chance to win Miss Teenage Coolsville but instead, I was runner-up to mother fucking Daphne Blake, perfect and pristine Daphne Blake. For once I wanted to be the town Golden girl and not be known as 'Daphne's friend.' But they're all wrong if they knew what I knew about her she'd be five feet deep not to mention I saw her dad locking lips with some waitress behind the Wickery café.

I just have to make sure that I drop the bomb on her world at the perfect time, right before I sleep with the guy she likes.

---

"I'm sorry Daph." Velma said as I held back the urge to cry, "Could you give me a moment." I said getting up from my seat as I made my way towards the bathroom trying to contain my feelings. Placing my handbag next to the bathroom sink I inhaled deeply pulling up my sleeves as I began pacing around the room.

'This is insane.' I thought to myself as I ran my hands through my hair trying to wrap my head around everything, I was best friends with this girl for two whole years and shared everything with her, I thought she cared about me but it was evident that she didn't.

'She knew about my dad cheating on my mom even before I found out during summer vacation and she said nothing.' I began to think about what else she could have been hiding from me. I was like a deer caught in the headlights, not knowing what to think say or do. All two years I had spent being her friend were a complete lie, every laugh, every tear, every single moment all she wanted to do was hurt me and I was clueless in it all. Pulling my hair back into a ponytail I collected myself, grabbed my bag as I headed back to Velma who sat there patiently waiting for me, "So who do we think killed her." I questioned sitting down in front of her like nothing happened in an attempt to not bring up the obvious elephant in the room, I could address that situation later.

"Are you sure, we don't have to do this today?" Velma insisted as I shrugged, "There's no better time like the present and to be honest right now..." I took in a breath, "All I want is to be done with her."