Episode 15: Pirates vs Ninja

(The episode starts as a flashback of Captain Soto and his crew trying to find the Dark Island.)

Narrator: Two hundred years ago.

Soto: (Writing in his journal.) "We have spent months searching for this fabled Island of Darkness, but all my eyes have seen is ocean. I fear my crew has given up, but I hold out hope that it exists. -Captain Soto" (He then stores his journal in a hidden compartment before checking up on his crew.)

Crew: Hardy, hardy, hardy, ho. Hey, we all in a yo-yo-yo.

Soto: This is no time for fooling around. Who's steering the ship?

Pirate: Don't worry, captain. No-Eyed-Pete is behind the wheel.

Soto: No! Not No-Eyed Pete!

Parrot: Awk, left! No, the other left!

Pirate: (He sees something ahead) The Island of Darkness?

Soto: No, you fool. (He takes the wheel.) He's steered us back to Ninjago. All hands on deck! Brace for impact!

(The ship sinks, killing everyone on board. The flashback ends.)

(In the present time, Lloyd is punching Kai's hands while the latter wears oven mitts.)

Kai: Good, keep it up.

Lloyd: Ha! Fists of fury! Unh! You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!

Kai: Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy.

Lloyd: Oh, please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me. (He kicks Kai until he is thrown backwards.)

Kai: Whoa, grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe. (He wiggles his left foot to emphasize his point. Behind Lloyd, Wu is observing the session.)

Wu: I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast, Lloyd, with lessons from the five ninja.

Cole: Great, now that that lesson is over, how about some target practice...on Kai?

Wu: You'll each get your turn, but first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya.

Lloyd: Aww, but when will I learn Spinjitzu?

Wu: (Sighs) Patience. It will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found.

(Lloyd groans and walks away to meet up with Nya.)

Cole: Ha, sounds familiar?

Kai: I wasn't that whiny.

Zane: No, you were worse.

Trey: Way worse.

Jay: Hehe. Guys, I know we're trying to prepare Lloyd for the future, but it's hard to give him the best training in these conditions.

Trey: Jay's right. I miss the Bounty. Too bad it's gone.

Wu: Hmm. I see your point. Perhaps we could find somewhere else to aid his journey.

(Lloyd finds Nya on the roof with the Ultra Dragon.)

Nya: Now that I've given him his medicine, he should be able to fly properly soon. But it's important to take care of him because one day, he'll be yours.

Lloyd: Uh, mine. Really!

Nya: Sure. The elemental Dragons were loyal to the five ninja. But Ultra Dragon, he's meant for the Green Ninja to ride.