Episode 27: The Surge

(Clips of the Final Battle from Rise of the Spinjitzu Master are shown as an old film reel.)

Kai: The ultimate battle. The battle that would end all battles. It feels like ages ago. After the Golden Ninja defeated the Overlord, much of Ninjago City was in ruin. It was a time to reflect on our past, and build for our future. (A photo of the ninja and their allies is shown in the Ninjago City paper. Reconstruction of the city is now underway.)

Cyrus: Great work, people. Together, we can do it. Transportation group, align with engineering.

Kai: Ninjago City soon became New Ninjago City. And it became the center of great technological advancements. But without an enemy to fight, the age of the ninja came to an end. (The scene switches to a bathroom where Jay is seen holding a camera in a mirror reflection while Kai is heard scatting. The scatting stops. Kai is taking a shower and noticed Jay.) Hey! How about a little privacy, you—? (The clip stops; Kai is shown to be in a classroom wearing a suit and operating a film projector.)

Kai: Whoa! This isn't supposed to be in here. Lights please! (Students begin giggling as he can't turn off the projector.)

Kai: Ugh! Seriously?

Student: Come quick! Mr. Zane's on the fritz! (Students are laughing as Zane is shorting out.)

Zane: Up. No, down. Whoa!

Cole: What's going on here?

Sally: Brad got an ultra remote from New Ninjago City and it's controlling Mr. Zane.

Zane: (He whimpers.)

Cole: How do you turn this thing off?

Zane: Hurry up, Cole and Trey. My liquid spirit level is making me less level.

(Cole ends up smashing the remote, but Zane doesn't stop.)

Cole: Oh, what now?

Trey: Don't worry, Rocky. (He opens up his brand-new titanium robot arms.) I got this. (He flips a few switches, presses a few buttons and closes his his arm back. Zane finally stops.)

Zane: Ah.

Brad: Mr. Cole is the worst.

Cole and Trey: We heard that. (A bell rings and the kids run out, bumping Cole and Trey out of the way.) 

Cole: Unh! Ah, recess. My favorite time.

(Darkley's Boarding School is shown to have been bought by the ninja and renamed Wu's Academy. Some students are shown laughing in the yard while the ninja are in the teacher's lounge.)

Jay: (He sighs) All right! Who took my pudding cup? My name was clearly written on it.

Cole: I didn't see "Motor Mouth" on it.

Jay: I'm telling the headmaster.

Wu: Leave me out of it. 

Trey: Yeah. He's on break, too, dude.

Kai: Relax, Jay, you can have mine.

Jay: But this isn't cold. (Trey flips a switch in his titanium arm and freezes the cup.) Oh, give me. Mm. Is anyone else chapped that Lloyd gets to be the Golden Ninja and fly around accepting awards while we're stuck here being teachers with no powers? Ah. I miss our Elemental Weapons.

Trey: Uh, hello? I still have my elemental powers. (He creates a small ball of wind to emphasize his point.)

Boy: Hi, Miss Nya. I like your dress, Miss Nya.