Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

(A boy gasps as he watches the villagers run in fear.)

Chen: Haha! Run! Haha! Run away! Oh, watch your step. I feel sorry for them, Zugu. They rely so heavily on the ninja. They don't know what to do when they're not here. Doesn't anyone here want to fight?

Girl: (She throws an apple at him.) Hey! (Zugu throws a boulder toward her and she runs away.)

Chen: Haha! Onward, my slithering soldiers, until there is no village left unturned.

(Kai's stuck at the entrance of the Anacondrai Tomb.)

Nya: (On radio) Chen has—kai Village—Everyone—

Kai: I can't read you, Nya. Repeat.

(Jay's in Birchwood Forest.)

Trey: Attacked first—Nothing—Stop them!

Jay: You're breaking up. Where do you need us? We're all scattered, and there's no time to play fill-in-the-blanks, bro.

(Lloyd's trapped at the top of a mountain.)

Nya: Hurry—too late!

Lloyd: Tell us where we need to go. I can't use my Dragon power, so if anyone is close—(The radio dies out.) Nya? Nya? Can anyone hear me? (The radio buzzes again. Lloyd starts to drive the noodle truck.)

(Nya tries to communicate with the others, but fails.)

Nya: They're attacking Jamanakai Village. You have to stop them. 

Trey: (He sighs.) It's no use, Nya. All communication is cut.

Skylor: If our don't know where to go, who's gonna stop my father?

Chen: (On screen.) Hello. As you can see, I've taken control of the airwaves, just as I'll take over Ninjago.

Garmadon: You'll pay for this, Chen.

Wu: Brother, enough. What do you want?

Chen: A truce.

Garmadon: Ha! Like the one the real wanted during the last Serpentine War? The truce that you destroyed by deceiving both sides?

Chen: I will honor my word and no one will get hurt, if you and everyone you know leave Ninjago and never come back.

Garmadon: We're not leaving our home.

Wu: Wait. Let us think about it.

Garmadon: How can you even entertain him?

Wu: Our ninja are gone. We need more time.

Chen: You should listen to your brother, Garmadon. They've always had a way with words. Hehe. It convinced Misako, didn't it? What's wrong? You look a little purple. Oh, that's right. Once a snake, always a snake.

Trey: Haven't you hurt enough people, Chen?

Misako: What is he talking about?

Chen: Oh, he hasn't told you? The letter he wrote that made you fall in love with him...it was written by Wu. (Misako gasps.)

Garmadon: I...I was trying to tell you.

Wu: How could you, brother?

Chen: Oh, and about that truce? Deal's off. I actually only wanted to drop that delicious little bombshell. Toodaloo! (He ends the transmission.)