Episode 72: Pause and Effect

(In the sewers, Lloyd lays out their map.)

Lloyd: And if we do this right, we can find Master Wu, save Cyrus Borg, rescue everyone who was kidnapped, and stop Krux and Acronix. But it'll take stealth, concentration, and precise execution.

Jay: And where does the slug fit in?

Lloyd: What slug?

Cole: Aah! That one! (He tries to get the slug off his shoulder.) Ew! Ew! Ew! It's so big! So gross! (Lloyd and Jay laugh.)

Trey: Hey, guys. What'd we miss?

Jay: Hahaha! Cole freaking out over a slug.

Zane: And Lloyd laying out the plan of attack.

Jay: Hehe. But mostly Cole freaking out.

Lloyd: As I was saying, Zane will use his sensors to locate Cyrus Borg while Jay and Cole rescue the workers from the warehouse. I'll get Master Wu, who's probably in the holding cell. Kai, Trey and Nya, you have the toughest job: locating Krux and Acronix. So you take the map.

Nya: We can do that. Right, Kai?

Kai: Barracks, holding cell...

Trey: Ahem. Kai?

Kai: That's the mess hall and...what's this—

Nya and Trey: (Simultaneously) Kai!

Kai: What? Yeah, yeah, we got it. Let's go.

Lloyd: Remember, stealth is key. Everyone knows what they're doing?

Cole: On it.

Jay: Yep.

Nya: Yup.

Zane: Affirmative.

Kai: Oh, yeah. I know exactly what I'm doing.

Trey: And unfortunately, me too.

Lloyd: Good luck. No pressure, but all of is depending on us.

(In Wu's dream, he fights off the Vermilion.)

Wu: Your numbers are great, but they won't be enough. The Time Punch has reversed. My strength has returned. I will save Ninjago. (Misako emerges from an egg wearing Vermillion armor.) Misako?

Misako: Wu, why did you fail me?

Wu: I-I made a mistake. An error of judgment. I should have told you I loved you before you went to—(Garmadon also emerges from an egg wearing armor.) Garmadon?

Garmadon: You let me fall to the darkness, brother. You failed me too. (Morro does the same.)

Morro: And me.

Wu: Morro? I-I don't understand.

Morro: You don't understand how instead of your greatest success, your student became your greatest failure? You've made many mistakes, Master.

Acronix: Many mistakes. I'm but the latest. The monastery. You never should have come by yourself, old man.

Lloyd: We could have helped, Master.

Trey: You didn't have to face him alone.

Ninja: You didn't have to be alone.

Acronix: Your arrogance has left you—