Episode 51: The Crooked Path

(At Steep Wisdom, the ninja are creating a defense system against Ghosts.)

Zane: (He and Trey put up a sign.) There. That should keep customers away. "Closed for renovations."

Kai: (He sets up a bucket of water on top of the door.) More like fortifications. If Morro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them.

Cole: (He exits the shop and the bucket of water almost lands on him.) Aah! Careful, you know not all of us are immune to water. And I for one would like to stick around long enough for and to figure out the last clue.

Jay: We got Cyclondo, we got the sword, now they just have to figure out where the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master is.

Trey: Well let's hope they figure it out soon. I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out.

(Inside Steep Wisdom, Wu and Misako are figuring out the last clue.)

Wu: We know the skull represents his tomb.

Misako: But from everything that was ever written about it, there's nothing in Ninjago that matches its description. Where is it? The clues are all right here, but what are we missing?

Wu: (He sighs.) We mustn't give up. If Morro finds it first and takes the Realm Crystal, I'd hate to think what would happen next.

(Meanwhile, someone steps on a tripline and set off a bell.)

Misako: The early-detection warning system.

Kai: Intruder!

Jay: Let him have it. Pull!

(Everyone catapults water balloons, but it was actually the Postman.)

Postman: (He sighs.) No wonder you're going out of business.

Jay: No, you're the one going out of business. Heh, who sends letters anymore?

Kai: Guys, he's right. It says he's gonna shut us down unless we drum up some business.

Cole: Well, don't tell Ronin. If this place is worthless, he won't stick around and we need all the help we can get. Come on, we're gonna need more water balloons.

(Meanwhile, Ronin whistles while he cleans R.E.X. while Nya tries to control water droplets from a faucet.)

Nya: Come on, Nya. Become the water, reverse the flow. (The water droplets won't go up. Nya sighs.) Ugh!

Ronin: Giving up already?

Nya: Course not. Sensei thinks if I get over my fear of failure, I'll be able to control the water. Sure, I made it rain when I wasn't even paying attention, but here I can't seem to stop a single drop. Ugh.

Ronin: Wanna know about failure, should've asked me. Heck, I made a career out of it. Word of advice: don't try so hard. You can't fail if you don't care.

Nya: Don't try? What sort of backwards advice is that? Of course I'm gonna try hard. That's how one excels and—

Ronin: Speaking of backwards... (He points behind her, where the droplets are flowing backwards.)

Nya: Oh my gosh! I'm doing it. I'm really doing it!

Ronin: (He chuckles.) Like I said, don't care so much. Usually when someone wants something too badly, they'll trip over their own feet.