Episode 35: The Invitation

(In a jungle, Lloyd attacks a few Nindroids and enters a cave as a test.)

Lloyd: Ninja, go! (He uses Spinjitzu on the Nindroids. He tries to reach the armor, but it disappears.)

Cyrus: You got closer than I thought you would. But then again, I didn't think you'd be quite so rough on my security droids.

Lloyd: If I can't steal the Golden Armor, I'd be surprised if anyone else could. It's secure, but where is the real one?

Cyrus: Some secrets are best kept safe.

Wu: Lloyd, where are the other ninja? I asked for all of you to take part in this test.

Lloyd: Uh, they, uh, they really wanted to be here, but they, uh...all had other plans.

Cyrus: I understand perfectly well. The loss of Zane has affected us all. I haven't even heard word from my assistant P.I.X.A.L. since his memorial. It's heartbreaking.

Wu: If we dwell too long on what's missing, we fail to see what can be gained. The absence of Zane will either tear you four apart or bring you closer together. The choice is yours.

Lloyd: I'll do what I can, but it won't be easy.

Wu: The greatest lessons never are.

(Jay walks onto a stage for a game show.)

Crowd: Most Ultimate Extreme Ninja Challenge Ever!

Jay: I'm Jay, Ninjago's most lovable ninja, here before the Gauntlet of Humility to see who will be Ninjago's next hero, and whose dreams will be gone, in a flash! (He uses his Lightning to reach a platform.) I'm here with Cathy, tireless mother of four, pillar of the PTA, and returning contestant. Tell me, Cathy, after being humbled by the Gauntlet the first time, what makes you think this'll be any different?

Cathy: Because ninja never quit!

Jay: (He laughs.) Okay, Cathy. Start the doomsday clock!

Cathy: (Cathy makes it across the obstacle course, but falls.) Heh, I got farther than last time! (After the show, Jay makes it back to his dressing room.)

Jay: Ninja never quit, huh, Zane?

Lloyd: The team needs you now more than ever.

Jay: (He turns around and, after seeing Lloyd, gasps.) How did you get in here?

Lloyd: I'm a ninja, and you are wearing makeup.

Jay: Hey, hey, hey, hey. It's concealer, a time-honored tool of the ninja. And what do you mean "team?" I refuse to fight beside Cole. There's nothing you can say that will get me back with that girl-stealing, black-hearted, rock-pounding—

Lloyd: Jay, she still speaks of you. You don't belong here, Jay. This isn't you. You're the of Lightning, not the Master of Lighting. You know where I'll be if you change your mind.

(He leaves to find Cole chopping wood in the Blackwood Forest.)

Lloyd: The team needs you now more than ever.

Cole: I thought I was good with a scythe. (He grunts.) Turns out, I'm even better with an axe. Ugh, I'm tired of fighting, Lloyd. Tired of Serpentine, tired of Nindroids, tired of...Jay. Out here, no one knows who you are. No one expects anything of you.

Lloyd: But what would Zane expect? You're the Master of Earth, Cole. you don't belong in trees. Your feet should be on the ground. You can't hide who you are.