Chapter 22 ( Life is unpredictable )

Night sky wasn't that fascinating to you anymore.  The dark coloured firmament with a mist of blue seemed suffocating to you flashing several memories in your head which weren't then too sweet to even blend with the bitterness filled up within you. 

Your urge diverted from the cascade above to the glimmering light of your phone screen while your fingers traced that face you yearned to hold, you yearned to kiss so bad. That last encounter with him was just a dream, your imagination yet it left you  much stronger the next morning.  He was like a strength to your soul, your mentor , your love. "It's so hard without you." Finally you let out as your eyes stinger to hold back the tear. 

You heaved in a deep breath pushing back the moisture accumulated and switched the phone screen off. Watching that smiling face of Taehyung's and yours was making you weak. It brought back that vulnerable feeling within you , being alone , all alone in this big world with only one reason to live then. You looked down from the terrace where you were standing , eyes glittering and admiring the city light. Your vision landed on a happy family walking back. Husband ,wife and two pretty kids. You were just a normal person a year back dreaming about having a family , with kids….kids were then like a dream to you. 

For all those chemical tortures within your body, you lost the opportunity to even bore a child in your womb. Being a mother seemed impossible but at the same point for it you didn't have to bore it. You could just adopt and pour your love and care. And yet again for that thing there was a "but" hanging in front of you. After turning yourself in the hands of law will you be able to even live? That was a bigger question . Not like it would affect you . It was just that a minimum part of your heart wanted to feel motherhood after all it was one of the things which you used to admire the most. 

A sigh left your gape as the cool breeze hit your face lightly making your muscle relax a bit. Suddenly you could feel a water droplet on your palm , then on your phone screen and soon millions of droplets followed down. "This shit has to happen when I'm trying to spend some time by myself." You cursed before making your way back inside your house when suddenly your phone rang up.

It was an unknown number and you don't remember giving away your phone number just to someone so ignorantly.  It might be any company but the thought crossed your mind that it was already eight and none calls at that time . 

A foreign feeling crept up and your gut said that you should answer this call. While still making your way I side the house to prevent getting soaked. You quickly answered the call. The first few seconds nothing could be heard and then the next moment a voice way more familiar than anything could be heard from the other side. His breathing was heavy but the way he let out your name, it was his accent,  his voice. "Y/n…." The voice trailed off which made your feet rooted near the exit. The rain drops drenched your attire , your skin was wet with droplets . Tear mixing with the rain water trailed down your cheeks, heart beat suddenly raised as you could easily recognize who it was. 

The voice which you craved to hear at least once was right there. It wasn't any dream but just reality which was hard for you to take in. 

Words after facing a war of emotion stuttered out from your side. "T-Taehyung?" Was what you could make out, from the other side it was only a heavy breath before a voice interrupted,  "Hello, this is Doctor Shone from Seoul hospital. Am I speaking to the guardian of Mr. Kim Taehyung ?" Another male voice came through and it didn't take you a second before you answered with a yes . "The patient has regained his consciousness after nearly a year which is nothing but a miracle.  We request you to visit the hospital as soon as possible. " the doctor declined the call, leaving you in a shaky condition. 

You left no time and dashed outside before getting inside your car.  Adrenaline rushed within you as your grip on the steering wheel tightened. You couldn't believe that your lover was alive and you never had a clue about it. None did , none could ever imagine Taehyung surviving from that dangerous car crash. You watched his car fall down the cliff with your own eyes . Was destiny trying to be nice to you only for once ? If yes then you would be forever grateful.