Chapter 13: The cold

Warning: This chapter contains STRONG VIOLENCE. Do not read if this is a trigger for you. If you or someone you know needs help, there are really good supports available. And I am always here for a chat if you need.

I could feel the cold biting at my toes and fingers first. Then my forearms resting on something cold, probably a metal. Ropes cut into my skin around my wrists and ankles, binding me to the chair I assumed I was in. It smelt like dampness mixed with iron - iron which no doubt came from blood. I couldn't feel any cuts on me, but then again I couldn't feel my toes anymore and the numbness was slowly creeping up my legs.

My vision was impaired by something covering my head, stopping just above my collar bone. The smell of hessian fabric filled my nostrils causing me to realize I had a sac over my head. What was with him and not letting me see where I was. First the car and now this. I could almost certainly say I was with Mason because along with the smell of the sac, I could smell mint and tobacco. It wasn't strong so that either meant I was alone or he was not sitting close to me.

If someone was in the room with me and didn't know I was conscious, they certainly did now. I began thrashing my hands and legs around attempting to break free. It didn't do jack shit but it did make a lot of noise and maybe move the chair about 5cm. I must have made my wrists raw and bleed a little because I could feel a warm liquid trickle down onto my feet.

Two large, cold hands put pressure on my shoulder, prohibiting me from moving the chair anymore. I was surprised I had even done so because this chair felt heavy - so it must have been the adrenaline. Light flooded my vision as the sac was ripped off my head. The hands still pushed into my shoulders, even as I let out a shriek and winced with pain. I met his grey eyes as they were boring into me. He was leaning back on another chair, rather comfortably. I couldn't tell if he was angry or filled with lust, but he was probably both.

He had spread his legs so either side of his thigh was touching the armrest, still resting his feet on the floor. He began smirking at me as he saw fear travel across my face. Pushing himself up from the chair, he slowly began making his way over to me. I began struggling again but was somehow pushed further into a solid metal chair. I glanced up to see who was gripping my shoulders so tightly. It was Archie and someone I had yet to meet. Archie didn't make eye contact with me, instead, he continued his sight on Mason who was still stalking his way over to me.

Suddenly two new hands made themselves known to my body. Mason had clasped his long fingers around my forearms, crushing them into the armrest. I wasn't sure why he felt the need to restrain me further because it was pretty clear I couldn't move - just like before we went in the car yesterday. He started gradually bringing his face closer to mine until I couldn't look anywhere else but, his eyes. I start thrashing around again only for Mason to assault my arms further. I didn't know that it was humanly possible to have as much strength as he did.

"Archie. Aiden" he said sternly

The hands removed from my shoulders and I pushed back further into the chair, trying to create distance between me and him. I turned my head to the side, looking for Archie to help me or the other guy, heck if there was a mouse I would have asked it for help. His hand let go of my forearm, tracing it up to my chin. Putting two fingers on the side of my chin, He pushed and lifted my head so our eyes made contact once again.

"I told you, Annalise." He paused "I said any funny business and you would be punished. Do you remember?"

I stared at him not answering. I could feel his warm breath fanning my cheeks and neck. His grip on my chin tightened as he asked again

"Annalise, do you remember that?"

I remained silent. He let out a low chuckle.

"Aw baby, cat got your tongue? You better be grateful I didn't catch you trying to run because I'm sure Ace would have had lots of fun with Mila, wouldn't he?" he said stroking my cheek.

Starting to wriggle again, I began mustering up saliva in my mouth. I launched it at his smug face and smiled as it hit my target. He pushed himself off the chair and wiped my spit off his face. He went over to one of the cabinets that covered the walls of this cell. I don't know how but I hadn't realized but the walls were lined with knives and chains, all kinds of torture devices that I really didn't want to think about, but clearly, Mason did.

I heard the door shut and realized that it was now just Mason and me in here. Gee thanks Archie, what a saviour you are. Turning my head back to Mason, something in his hand caught the light and shone in my eye, it was a knife. Starting to scream, I thrashed around more to which Mason just laughed at me.

"Who is there to save you now?" 

And with that he began cutting little shallow cuts in the creases of my elbows, then my shoulders, followed by the back on my ankles. Only after I had small amounts of blood trickling down my arms, did Mason stand up to admire his work. My eyes were swollen and stinging from crying for the past hour or so. My voice was hoarse from screaming every time a new incision was made. I wasn't sure if Mason could still hear but he probably had superpower hearing or something like that.

I saw him grab the bag that was previously on my head, as well as a piece of cloth, and bring it back over to me. I struggled at the start as he quickly tied the gag around my mouth but when he placed the bag back over my head, I didn't move. I was too tired and if Mason wanted it over my head, it would go over my head no matter what I did.

Water pounded my face. I began shouting again which was soon replaced by coughing and spluttering. He was waterboarding me. Mason would keep the water gushing at my face until I was on the brink of passing out. After what felt like death, again and again, he finally stopped. The bag was removed from my head followed by the gag.

I gasped for air, coughing out water and I'm pretty sure it landed on Mason, however this time he didn't seem to mind. He tucked my hair behind my ears and began rubbing my cheek.

"Have you learned your lesson?"

I nodded in response.

"Good girl."

His lips smashed onto mine, severing the oxygen I craved so much. His kiss was dominating like always and like always I kept my mouth clamped shut. I didn't try to pull away because I certainly didn't want to make him any angrier with a hose so close by. His hand pushed my head into his so he could better position himself around my mouth. His tongue was stroking my teeth as more tears streamed down my face. I stared up at the ceiling hoping that his assault would end soon. Black dots started clouding my vision.

As he felt me losing consciousness yet again, he pulled away with lust-filled eyes. I threw my head back onto the chair and shivered hoping he would untie me now. I was wrong. He continued his assault on me, by leaving a trail of hickeys down my neck and across my collar bones. He was marking me as his.

I let the black dots fill my vision this time and let the darkness take me because anywhere would be better than being here with him. Anywhere.

----------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Sorry, it is a bit of a shorter chapter. I hope that it wasn't too dark and you were able to understand what Annalise is feeling a little bit more.

We were introduced to a new character! Aiden. Of course, we will get to know him better in the following chapters and I am excited to develop Annalise's and Mason's character as well as Archies over the next few chapters.

Let me know what you thought of this one.

B x