Chapter 37

Warning: Recall of assault 

Annalise pov

The sun woke me up this morning. I was lying in the bed on my back trying to recall the events of last night. I remembered having fun with Mils but we were pretty drunk. I remember sitting down with Mason and his men playing some drinking games, which was probably one of the dumbest ideas I have had in a while. I think I got myself to the car and then up to his bedroom.

I rubbed my eyes trying to adjust to the bright sun that was now in my eyes. I moved my legs ever so slightly which shot an immense amount of pain through my stomach. What had I done to be so sore down there? No. Come on Lise, remember what happened, keep going.

We were in the bathroom. He took my makeup off, I think.

I scrunched my eyes shut trying to remember what happened after then.

I remember the silk fabric of my dress slipping over my skin and my feet touching the cold tiles. I could feel his hair still dancing on my fingers. Then there was water running over me as I lathered myself in soap. My skin. Then it stopped, the water. He was blocking it, I remember that.

The bathroom door opened and he emerged. A towel hung from his waist as he stood there watching me. No. I didn't. I wouldn't have. I pulled the covers up over my head and wriggled myself further down the bed. One of his dress shirts was buttoned up about three-quarters of the way, covering my body and boxers rested against my mid-thigh.

I heard a deep laugh come from where he was standing. He laughed. How could he do that?

"Please tell me that didn't happen. That it was a nightmare."

"No, my love, it wasn't"

Why did I ever think that he could possibly be slightly decent? What deranged fuck has sex with someone who is barely conscious and was clearly intoxicated? I was still a virgin, that was something that was mine, that he couldn't touch and he took it from me. He took it from me.

I ripped back the covers and found him still in the same place I last saw him, watching me. He was still smirking at me. He knew what he had done and what it meant to me and this dumb prick was standing there smug as ever.

"I was drunk! Why would you do that?" I shouted

"You didn't seem to have any objections last night."

"I DIDN'T HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS?" I stood up from the bed "OF COURSE I DIDN'T, I COULD BARELY WALK!"

"Don't blame me for your decisions." He said, his tone was threatening.

"DON'T BLAME YOU? WHO THE FUCK HAS SEX WITH SOMEBODY WHO IS THAT DRUNK?"

"Annalise, you need to calm down. I could have had my way with you long before last night, but I didn't."

"Oh, I'm sorry, what a good boy. Bonus points for not raping the barely adult girl you kidnapped before last night."

"I didn't rape you, baby."

"Well, what do you want to call it then? You violated me. You took something that wasn't yours to take. You forced yourself on me. You raped me."

Tears rolled down my cheeks. My vision was clouded with sadness, with disgust, with hate. Mason had made his way over to where I was standing and reached one of his hands to touch my face. I flinched away and stepped backwards to create distance between us.

"You took away my innocence. If you ever think I am going to love you after this, you are wrong."

I couldn't bear to look at him. Whatever he would say to justify his actions were never going to mean anything to me. His excuses would only make it worse. They were pointless.