Chapter 34

Warning: Recall of assault 

"Get up"

Using my hands and elbows, I propped myself up so I could see him better.

"What"

"I said get up"

"Wh-"

"Because I said so, Lise."

"I'm not goi-"

"No. I don't want to hear it. Either you get up, right now, and come here, or I come over and do it myself."

Hesitantly I pushed myself up so I was seated on the bed. I could make out his figure better now. The suit that he was wearing before, was now filthy. His sleeves were rolled up, exposing his forearms. It looked like blood was splattered on his once pristine shirt. He began pacing over to the bed.

His arms were still folded over his chest and I could vaguely see that dirt lined his fingernails. His normally neatly combed hair, now had stray pieces falling over his forehead. From the time I had been here with Mason, he had almost always been cleanly groomed, but the man standing in front of me was not. He was far from it.

With my feet placed on the floor beneath me, I stood up. Reluctantly, I shuffled over to where he was now stopped. His body towered over me as I cowered underneath his threatening stance. He was searching for something in me when he tilted my head up to face him.

His eyes were more grey today. They seemed to alter between the blue of an ocean when there was a storm or the sky that same day. His orbs, although cold, seemed somehow to always glisten. It wasn't a glassy kind of glisten, because I don't think this man knew how to cry, but it was enchanting.

"What did I do?" I whispered

A deep rumble left his lips as the corners of his lips upturned ever so slightly. I knew what I had done several hours ago but he seemed to be bothered by something, something new. I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to my question, but I was sure I would find out soon enough.

"What did you do? Hmmm, let me think." He paused.

His two disheveled hands cupped my jaw and pulled my face towards his so that there were mere centimeters between us. Mint and whiskey filled my nostrils as his breath fanned my face. His cologne poisoned the air that I breathed and although I knew whatever he had just done would have been strenuous, there was not the slightest bit of body odor leaking into the environment. With my nose scrunched, I attempted to pull away from his intoxicating scent.

"Why do you do that? Hmm? You know that you are mine. That I am always going to have power over you. That I can do anything I want with you."

My legs started to shake as his hands moved from my face to my hips. My hands that were sandwiched in between my body and his, pushed against his chest.

"Your constant need to disobey me only makes this game that you play more amusing. You think you have a shot at winning,"

He released me from his hold on my waist and pulled one of my hands into his.

"But you will always fail. In the end, whether you agree with it or not, you will be mine,"

He gently nudged my body away from him but continued his hold on my hand.

"and mine alone."

In a swift motion, he used his hand to twirl me around. His words cut through me like a knife, but his actions with me were delicate. He pulled me close to him, pressing our bodies together. Knocking the wind out of me. Bringing his lips down to my ear, he brushed my hair behind my shoulders, allowing his skin to brush against mine.