Chapter 29

"I know you're awake, baby."

How on earth did he know that. I had just regained consciousness myself, my eyes weren't even open yet. His voice was deep like he hadn't slept in a while. I blinked my eyes open and could vaguely make out his figure resting next to the bed I was on. The room was dark and something felt different. Whatever I was lying on was soft and warm, not what I had expected.

I shifted my body to face him better. I could feel sheets resting on my skin, but not the clothing I had previously been in. My arms and legs weren't restrained so I pushed myself up the bed, resting on the bedhead.

"You were out for longer than I thought you would be."

"Have you ever considered not drugging me?"

Although the room was dark, I could tell that Mason was less than impressed with my remark. His position in his seat did not change, but a heavy sigh filled the room.

"Why did you drug me if I'm not-"

"Not what? Not in your favourite room? Well, my love, if that is what you are into, let's get going."I could sense his smirk with that last remark.

"No, I'm not. I am just fine right here. I was just wondering why you needed to have me unconscious if we were just coming back here."

"There are a few reasons that will make sense soon enough."

Well, that didn't answer shit.

"Okay. Then why am I here? In your bed?"

"My love, it's our bed. And as for the other question I know is running around in that pretty little head of yours. I've decided to give you a chance."

"A chance for what?"

"A chance so I don't have to teach you another lesson."

I looked at him, still confused. Another lesson? What did he mean by that? Was there going to be something he wanted from me?

"I will give you two days to show me a genuine act of affection, like on the beach."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"What is the other option?"

"Your time starts now and should you fail to reach the requirements, rest assured you will feel the option. The consequences of your actions."

We sat in the dark for some time. I was processing what he had just told me. He was making me choose between torture he would inflict on me or torture I would initiate myself. I couldn't guarantee what I chose wouldn't just end in more pain. My head raced. The time he had set me was no doubt ticking down, but I had two days, right? To decide what I would do.

Mason stood up and headed for the door. His hand reached for the handle as he turned around to face me. He brought his wrist up, tapping it for me to see

"47 hours and 2 minutes left, Lise. Choose wisely" He closed the door and left.

Choose wisely? What the heck was that supposed to mean? Well, fuck you and your options, Mason. Fuck the twisted way your brain works and the sick little games you play with me. I'm making my own choice. I pushed the sheets back from protecting my body. Some silk pyjamas that barely covered anything of me, hung from my body. He better not have changed me.

I marched over to the curtains that were drawn and threw them back. The sun was just peaking over the horizon, day would be here shortly. The wardrobe was my next stop. I pulled out some running tights, a shirt, and a lightweight jacket.