year five: detentions

CHAPTER TEN 

CHAPTER TEN 

❛It didn't make me any less scared.❜ 

Hope Lupin-Black walked alongside her godbrother, Harry Potter, in the corridor the night before the two served their joined detention

Hope Lupin-Black walked alongside her godbrother, Harry Potter, in the corridor the night before the two served their joined detention. The Lupin-Black girl planned to sneak off to meet her friends behind Hagrid's Hut, while Harry Potter followed her along suspiciously.

"Can you believe what people are saying?" asked Harry Potter as he swiftly walked behind his godsister, practically fuming in anger. "It's complete bull--"

"I know, Harry." Hope interrupted, shrugging her shoulders. "It sucks, but what more do you expect? These idiots will believe anything they're told unless it's from us or Dumbeldore. They're fools."

Her words only seemed to anger Harry more, his fist punching his palm. "And we have detention for it! It's our O.W.L. year!"

The Lupin-Black girl rolled her eyes playfully, a smile coming upon her face. "Since when have you ever been concerned about our exams?"

"Ever since that day in Potions," he exclaimed, recalling the first day of school when he messed up his entire potion. "And I'm going to screw up Defense Against the Dark Arts, and I think I've already messed things up in Herbology, too."

"You're stressed, that's all."

The Potter boy only shrugged his shoulders, still seeming to be frustrated. "I should be stressed with Quidditch and exams, I know. But this year is awful. Have you heard from Fred and George? They said O.W.L.s are terrible."

"Harry, you're listening to Fred and George? I mean, I love George, I do. But they trick people for fun." she laughed at her godbrother's gullibility. "Besides, you've never stressed over exams before. I swear, you and Ron simply 'wing' it. We've heard Hermione throwing fits over it before."

"That's only because we aren't--"

Before Harry Potter could even think about finishing his sentence, Celine Picard and Vera Zippel passed by the two, the two also on their way down to Hagrid's Hut. The two Ravenclaw girls stopped in their tracks, giggling as they waved.