year five: saving harry

CHAPTER THREE 

CHAPTER THREE 

❛She hates me.❜

The news of Harry Potter being expelled from Hogwarts and attacked by Dementors met the ears of everyone who stayed in 12 Grimmauld Place

The news of Harry Potter being expelled from Hogwarts and attacked by Dementors met the ears of everyone who stayed in 12 Grimmauld Place. Yet Molly Weasley wanted the children to know none of it, because they were far too young

All seven of the Weasley, Lupin-Black, and Granger teenagers stood at the top of the stairs, looking down, hoping to hear something. They all had learned that Fred and George's extendable ears no longer worked, which all were sad about.

"Godric," said Fred Weasley, leaning as far as he could over the railing. "I wonder how many people are down there. You got a guess, Georgie?"

George shrugged his shoulders, his hand resting on Hope's waist. "You think we should go ask, Freddie?"

Ron Weasley rolled his blue eyes from beside Hermione Granger. "You two have a death wish, I swear."

"Please, Ronald." laughed George, holding his free hand to his heart. "We're Mum's favorites--"

"No," interrupted Ginny, narrowing her eyes at her older brothers. "I'm the favorite."

Hope let out a chuckle, tapping her fingers on the wood railing. "We all know I'm the favorite, and I'm not even biologically hers."

"Will you shush?" Alfie blurted, glaring his green eyes at the six others. "I'm trying to eavesdrop."

The fifth-oldest Weasley only shrugged his pale shoulders. "Wouldn't you rather eavesdrop on a better meeting, Alphard? We all knows what's happening down there."

"We do?" Hope questioned her boyfriend with furrowed blonde eyebrows.

"I sure don't." added Ron, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well then. We shall go find out."

Hope Lupin-Black was the first to dash down the stairs, two at a time, too curious to care about what met her at the bottom. But as soon as she reached the bottom step, Molly Weasley stood there with her arms crossed and a stern look on her face.