year five: secret meetings

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

❛I'll excuse your stupidity just this once,❜

Over the next couple of days, Hermione Granger kept mentioning her ideas for the secret Defense Against the Dark Arts group to Hope, and with every new update the Lupin-Black girl grew more excited

Over the next couple of days, Hermione Granger kept mentioning her ideas for the secret Defense Against the Dark Arts group to Hope, and with every new update the Lupin-Black girl grew more excited. And with Transfiguration going better than ever, it made Hope feel as if the year would get better from here.

It was a windy day at the end of September when Hope Lupin-Black and Milo Bishop walked down the corridor, making their way to the library. The Bishop boy wouldn't say why they were going, only that they had to. And after not listening many times, Hope learned to just follow along instead of asking questions.

"Hermione really does have a great idea," Milo Bishop mentioned as they walked, shaking his head in disbelief. "I don't know why I didn't think of it. This is the start of it, Hope, us fighting back."

"But what if Umbridge finds out?" questioned Hope, looking over her shoulder instinctively waiting for the professor to appear behind her. "She'll probably have me expelled, no, killed."

The Bishop boy shrugged his shoulders. "She does hate you. But who cares? I know you don't."

"Very true, but I'm just worried," she told him, wanting to do what Hermione wanted so badly but Hope couldn't shake the feeling. "What if something goes wrong?"

"I'm encouraging you to do it, that should be a good sign."

As the two fifth-years wandered into the library, Hope Lupin-Black was surprised to see Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley sitting at a table. The three friends looked over the same Potions book, but once the Granger girl caught sight of Hope she waved them over.

"Hope, I was just looking for you," Hermione spoke quickly, before narrowing her eyes at Milo Bishop. "I thought you'd be alone—"

"Hermione, boys, meet Milo Bishop, officially," Hope introduced him to the three, trying to encourage Ron and Harry to smile. "We want him here, and you can trust him."