year five: professor umbridge

CHAPTER NINE 

CHAPTER NINE 

❛Detention, Miss Lupin.❜

Hope Lupin-Black wandered the corridors of Hogwarts all morning on her first day of class, in desperate search of her cousin Draco Malfoy

Hope Lupin-Black wandered the corridors of Hogwarts all morning on her first day of class, in desperate search of her cousin Draco Malfoy. There was no sign of the blond-haired Slytherin on the top floors of Hogwarts, and Hope was beginning to believe he was truly trying to avoid her.

Once Hope reached the Great Hall, she finally laid eyes on her cousin who sat at the Slytherin table talking to his friends.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy," she grumbled, crossing her arms across her chest in frustration.

Draco Malfoy only cocked an eyebrow as he laughed. "Hope, I don't know your middle name, Black? Black-Lupin? Lupin-Black? Just, Lupin?"

"Get up, get up right now." Hope stated, attempting to yank him from the table by his arm. "C'mon, what are you still sitting for?"

"Is Malfoy in trouble?" whispered Gregory Goyle, leaning into his best friend.

Vincent Crabbe shrugged his shoulders innocently, his eyes going wide. "I'm not sure but it looks like Hope's about to beat his arse."

The Malfoy boy quickly turned around to face his cousin, finally seeing the irritated look on her face. A look that Draco wasn't quite sure on why it was there. All he honestly knew was that Crabbe and Goyle were thoroughly interested.

"I don't remember you being my boss?" he bluntly replied before smirking. "Hold on a minute, I'm your boss. I'm a Prefect."

Hope only rolled her eyes, finding his words humorous. "You act like I give a damn about that title. Get up from this table and follow me. Now."

"Listen to her, Draco." Crabbe spoke up, shovelling more pancakes into his mouth. "She's a bit scary when she's mad."

"You're over half her size, Crabbe."

Goyle shrugged his shoulders, stealing food from Draco's plate. "And who would win in that fight? We've all seen Hope beat your arse before--"

The Malfoy boy looked deeply offended as he looked between his two friends. "That was in the first-year, I was merely a child--"