year five: rekindled

CHAPTER TWO 

CHAPTER TWO 

❛Tell me what?❜

Hope Lupin-Black sat out on the edge of the street in the gloominess of night

Hope Lupin-Black sat out on the edge of the street in the gloominess of night. Not one star shined in the night sky. And it was those night skies that Hope hated, the ones that were dull, the ones that lacked light. It reminded her of the darkness that haunted her mind.

"Lo-- Hope," a voice of a ginger said from behind her, almost calling her by the wrong name again. "Why are you sitting outside?"

Her grey eyes met George's brown as she shrugged her pale shoulders. "Perhaps I'm looking at the sky."

"You don't like when the sky is gloomy."

A chuckle escaped her mouth, but she tried to prevent herself from laughing anymore. "Maybe I found a way to love them. You never know."

George Weasley took a seat on the cold cement beside her, but their eyes didn't meet each other again. "I know you, Hope, in case you didn't know."

"If you're here to talk," Hope spoke up, her voice clear with sadness and lack of hope. "I'm not in the mood, George. I wish I was, but I'm not."

"How about listening?"

"That could be arranged."

As he began to talk, by nature her head found its place on his shoulder. Listening to the deepness of his voice, and the words he had to say. And Hope couldn't deny how much she loved sitting like that. And that she had missed it.

"I never meant to hurt you." he said, his voice leaving no trace of a lie. "I was scared of losing you to Cedric, and believe me he talked sense into me. And I know how daft I was being, I was an idiot. And you never should forgive me, but--"

"I'm not angry with you, George." she interrupted, looking into his deep brown eyes.

His eyebrows raised, clearly surprised by her response. "You're not?"

"I have far worse things to be mad at." muttered Hope, shaking her head slowly. "The mistakes of a boy I love? The bottom of the list."

Her words almost made his heart stop beating, and he looked over at the girl he loved with all of his heart. "You still love me?"