year five: shrieking shack parties

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

❛Why do all your dreams mean something?❜

Hope Lupin-Black didn't return to her dorm the night before, avoiding Neville Longbottom at all costs

Hope Lupin-Black didn't return to her dorm the night before, avoiding Neville Longbottom at all costs. It wasn't that she was mad at him, because she knew everything he said was true. But, that was the last thing she wanted to hear, how wrong she was.

As she took her seat next to Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter at breakfast, all three pairs of eyes fell on her. Her godbrother looked at her in worry. "Hey, what happened to you last night?"

"What're you talking about, Harry?" Hope asked, acting as if she had no idea what he was talking about.

"He's talking about how you didn't come back last night," Ron spoke up, eyeing his brother's girlfriend carefully. "And when I got there Neville was arguing with Seamus again, they went on and on all night--"

"They were arguing?"

Ron Weasley nodded slowly, shrugging his shoulders. "Yeah, something about you."

The Lupin-Black girl laid her head on the table, groaning loudly. Hermione placed a hand on her arm in comfort. "Did something happen last night?"

"Neville and I got into a fight, and then Dean and Seamus came in," she explained, glancing at Neville who sat at the end of the table by Dean and Seamus. "I slept in George's dorm, I was fine."

"You should talk to him, Neville wants to talk to you. I think he feels awful," suggested Harry, noticing her looking at their dormmates.

She shook her head, taking another sip of juice. "I have nothing to say to him right now. When I figure out what to say, I'll talk to him."

As the delivery owl dropped off the daily copies of the Daily Prophet, Hermione Granger read through hers. As her eyes fell back on the cover, she let out a huge gasp and flattened the newspaper in front of her to reveal Dolores Umbridge on the front cover.

"High Inquisitor?" Harry questioned, looking over at his friend. "What does that mean?"

Hermione Granger read the newspaper aloud, her eyes going wide when she saw what Percy Weasley had said. Going on about how his parents were unhappy with the way Hogwarts was run and how he thinks that Umbridge has been a success.