year five: train rides

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

❛There's a reason they call her Loony Lovegood.❜

The first of September came at last, and to say the teengers were excited was an understatement to say the least

The first of September came at last, and to say the teengers were excited was an understatement to say the least. As the residents of 12 Grimmauld Place stood around King's Cross Station, many goodbyes were said. Though, most were ready for a break from one another.

Remus Lupin stood next to his two children, Alfie going into his sixth year and Hope going into her fifth. And as he looked at his two children, Remus couldn't help but feel proud of how far they came. It was clear that both of the Lupin-Black children were far from perfect, but they made him proud everyday nonetheless.

"You have all your stuff, don't you?" questioned Remus, glancing over to the trunks that were already loaded onto the train. "I know you like to forget things--"

"I should have everything." answered Hope Lupin-Black, glancing around the station for at least one of her friends, who she hadn't seen since the funeral of Cedric Diggory. "If I don't, I'll just have you send them to me."

Alfie Lupin-Black let out a chuckle, eyeing his younger sister. "You've done that the past four years. With hairbrushes, books-- I'm quite surprised you haven't forgotten your robes."

"Oh, I forgot my tie in second year." she told him, laughing to herself as she remembered the memories. "Technically, that is part of them."

The father of two only laughed to himself. "Just, owl me if you have forgotten anything. Molly or I will send, whatever you forget, to you right away."

"Oh," exclaimed Alfie, seeing his two best friends from across the station before turning back to his father and sister quickly. "Look, Papa, there's Kevin and Cormac, I haven't seen them all summer. I have to go. Bye Papa!"

"Make good choices, Alphard Evan. Be responsible, I love you--"

Before Remus could even finish his words, his son was already on the train with his two friends. The Lupin man only let out a sigh, his son reminding him of himself when he would see James, Sirius, and Peter boarding the Hogwarts Express.