year five: deepest fears

CHAPTER SIX 

CHAPTER SIX 

❛I'm sorry, you know.❜

The day of Harry Potter's court appearance caused a feeling of nervousness around 12 Grimmauld Place

The day of Harry Potter's court appearance caused a feeling of nervousness around 12 Grimmauld Place. Many of the adults and teenagers feared that the Potter boy would be expelled from Hogwarts.

Hope Lupin-Black felt guilty more than ever, because she had realized how cruel she was towards her own godbrother. But what made Hope feel the most guilty was that he could be expelled, for an act as simple as underage magic.

The morning of Harry's court appearance, Molly Weasley and Remus Lupin decided to make an extravagant breakfast to calm everyones' nerves. Ginny Weasley and Hope Lupin-Black sat at the dining room table alone, talking about the different things of life.

"How're you and George doing?" Ginny questioned, her ginger hair a wavy mess from waking up. "Thinking of giving me any nieces or nephews anytime soon?"

"You're not getting any of those from me for a long time, Gin." she laughed in response, taking a sip from her short glass of milk. "Better start asking Bill or Charlie."

The Weasley girl only shook her head contently, clearly not pleased with the answer given. "But I want one from you, so I can be godmother and aunt. And they could be named after me, as well."

"Named after you?"

"Think about it, J." insisted Ginny, grabbing the arm of the girl she saw as a sister. "Ginevra for a girl, Ginevro for a boy. It's perfect."

Hope furrowed her blonde eyebrows in the direction of her friend. "Never going to happen. Besides, I want a niece or nephew from you and Draco first."

"We're not even dating--"

"So?" asked Hope, smirking ever so slightly. "You've kissed him, don't think I haven't seen you sneaking around, Ginny. I'm observant."

"More like stalkerish."

Hermione Granger slowly walked into the dining room, clearly uneasy with the day. Bags were under her warm brown eyes as if she hadn't slept a wink of sleep. And once she sat across from the two girls, Ginny went silent.