year five: dinners

CHAPTER FOUR 

CHAPTER FOUR 

❛I will be fine, don't worry.❜

The arrival of Harry Potter changed 12 Grimmauld Place more than anyone knew

The arrival of Harry Potter changed 12 Grimmauld Place more than anyone knew. It divided the teenagers from one another, as Hope Lupin-Black couldn't bare to look in direction without imaging her best friend's lifeless body. One that stuck directly by Hope was Ginny Weasley, who also wasn't the most fond of the Potter boy.

Hope Lupin-Black and Ginny Weasley sat outside of the dining hall, throwing numerous amounts of dungbombs from Fred and George's supply. The two hoped it would break the magical barrier keeping noise inside, but they were without luck.

"It isn't going to open, Gin." commented Hope with a shake of her head, throwing another dungbomb at the door. "George and Fred have tried this already."

"It's worth a try." Ginny shrugged her shoulders, rubbing her dirty hands onto her denim jeans. "Have you heard anything from Draco this summer?"

Hope's grey eyes went wide at the mention of his name, slightly taken off guard by the question. "Uh, no. Haven't you?"

Ginny Weasley only shook her head sadly, biting her bottom lip anxiously. "No-- You don't think I did anything wrong, do you?"

"Of course not," Hope shook her head, not meeting Ginny's dark eyes. "He's probably stressed--"

The expression of the Weasley girl's face was one that the Lupin-Black girl had never saw before, she looked heartbroken. Her normally light eyes were filled with a dark cloud of anxious thoughts, and her smile faltered every time she forgot to keep her false one in place.

"It can't be." she denied, running a hand through her long ginger hair nervously. "What if he found another girl? A pureblood?"

"You're a pureblood--"

Her words made Ginny scoff, throwing the dungbomb at the floor instead of the door. "Hardly, you know this. I'm not a pureblood that Draco's family would be accepting of."

"I know Draco very well, Ginny," said Hope, looking the girl she saw as a sister dead in the eyes. "And what I know is that he is in love with you. Whether you like it or not."