year five: consequences

CHAPTER THIRTEEN 

CHAPTER THIRTEEN 

❛Just open the damn map already!❜ 

After dinner that night, Neville Longbottom sat up in the Gryffindor Common Room glancing at the clock every few minutes, waiting for Hope Lupin-Black to return

After dinner that night, Neville Longbottom sat up in the Gryffindor Common Room glancing at the clock every few minutes, waiting for Hope Lupin-Black to return. Once the clock struck midnight, he grew more worried for the Lupin-Black girl.

Seamus Finnegan slowly walked down the steps from the Boys' Dormitories, furrowing his eyebrows at the Longbottom boy. "What're you still doing up? We have class tomorrow--"

"I don't know," he shrugged his shoulders, looking towards the door. "Hope still hasn't come back, and it's getting late. Do you think she's alright?"

"She's probably fine, you know how she is," Seamus sighed, taking the seat next to Neville. "Probably off with that Violette girl and her friends--"

"That's exactly why I'm worried!" exclaimed Neville, running his hand through his hair in worry. "When she's around her, she thinks she can solve all of her problems with a bottle and a pack of cigarettes!"

Seamus glanced up at the clock, and then to the door. Hoping that their friend would walk through the door. "You know, she skipped Defense Against the Dark Arts."

Neville's eyebrows raised at the Finnegan boy's words, he didn't know that Hope hadn't shown up to class with Umbridge. After having to spend all of his afternoon in the Hospital Wing after an accident in the Herbology classroom.

As Dean Thomas approached the two boys, he shook his head. "You two shouldn't be down here, it's the middle of the night--"

"Precisely, and Hope's still not back here," Neville refused to budge from his place on the couch. "Nobody's seen her for hours. Aren't you even a tad bit worried?"

"She's probably avoiding you if I had to guess," said Dean, narrowing his eyes at the Longbottom boy. "She's probably camped out in someone's dorm--"

Out of nowhere, the portrait door swung open to reveal Ron Weasley and Draco Malfoy, the two fifth-year boys bickered back and forth. "I'm telling you, Weasley, I know my cousin. She probably isn't even here."